Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 3:29:46 PM EST
ive read the other threads posted here regarding the easy way to mount barrels. ive got all the tools at hand (except the barrel wrench which should be here shortly)...

i stuck the barrel on my upper (without the delta ring for now) and was able to turn to hand tight the barrel nut and it lines up perfectly with a notch and the gas tube hole. how many more notches do i need to tighten it to? i dont want to get too tight and bugger up the threads...

thanks...

david
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:48:36 PM EST
If I remember right the minimun torque needed is 30 foot pounds, if that does not line up then you can go as high as 80 foot pounds of torque. Somebody correct me if I'm off....

Try this: Barrel change directions....

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:14:47 PM EST
i did read that and have got it in my favs for now...

i just couldnt remember how many more notches to turn it...

thanks

david
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:07:30 PM EST
After 30 ft-lb's just continue to the next notch alignment is correct, regardless of the torque required. If is is aligned at 30, you are good to go. If it takes just a nudge more to line up, fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:38:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:
After 30 ft-lb's just continue to the next notch alignment is correct, regardless of the torque required. If is is aligned at 30, you are good to go. If it takes just a nudge more to line up, fine.

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:43:40 PM EST
Top Top