Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/26/2004 1:30:44 PM EST
If I order a complete barrel from CMMG or another what other part(s) will I need to install. Should this come with a pin to index it, the nut, etc? I have a complete lower and an A3 upper/gas tube/carrier group/ch. Also do I need the vise blocks to install the barrel or can I make up a set of wood blocks and wrench it together?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:55:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/26/2004 3:01:08 PM EST by Bosko]
See the sticky at the top of this BIY Forum. All you need to know. Looks like you have all the parts to install the barrel. You need a reciever action block and a barrel nut wrench.

Build your own upper - Step by step instructions - Easy!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:55:47 PM EST
I just read it, great stuff there. Now on to the problem. Just how tight is tight? Does the average barrel wrench accept a torque wrench to properly tighten it? Do most barrels come with an indexing pin?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:18:05 AM EST
quickly to answer the question,

1) indexing pin (yes, the barrel will have the index pin.) the only time you will not see one is possibly on a really old barrel or the like.

2) wrenchs, most have the hole for the torque wrench (the square hole in the middle of the wrench)
such as the multi-tool at del-ton www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=226
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:52:15 AM EST
Do you already have Front Sight Base?
If it comes on your barrel, you will likely need a Front Sight Post, Detent Spring, and Front Sight Detent.
Top Top