Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2003 8:24:27 PM EDT
Howdy,

I understand that in order to use the  Swedish 9mm Training /Practice ammo you really need a 5mm barrel.  The bullet is a 5mm BB in a plastic sabot that disentegrates and if you don't have a 5mm barrel then the BB plays pinball along the barrel till it exits.  Not good for barrel life.  

I know that  someone is making Uzi barrels but I was wondering if anyone made these for the AR-15/M-16?  The ammo is dirt cheap, like $0.04 a round, seems like a lot of folks would want a barrel to be able to use this ammo.  Maybe it's just me.  

-Skuld

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm, I believe that the sabot principal causes the round to disentegrate AFTER the round leaves the barrel, so it should be okay and you wouldn't have to have a custom 5mm barrel made.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps.  But then there is definately not enough ompf to cycle the action. And I'm not willing to risk my barrel.  I've heard from others who have messed up their pistol barrels.  

I contacted the guy that makes Uzi barrels, he said :

"Have had a few guys ask about that but have not had time to pursue the project..Maybe..jb"

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top