Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:57:54 PM EDT

I have an A3 post-ban bushy 20" HBAR 1/9 with 3K rounds down the pipe.  I want to do the free float thing with a larue 13.2 + bipod because I want to use it for small critter hunting and I don't like bringing a rest to the range when I want to shoot paper.  I already have a leupy 3-9x40 scope and match trigger installed.  I want consistent 1moa accuracy from the bench with quality loads, but I don't want the thing to weigh 12lbs or whatever when I'm finished.

Can a stock 20" gov't profile from like a bushy or CMMG get 1moa if I free float it and use quality ammo?  I want a reasonable weight so that I can still have fun shooting the rifle offhand with the scope and bipod removed.

Do I need a new bolt to go with it?  Do I need a new BC if I use a new bolt?  Or can I just swap barrels and run with original everything?

I'm stuck in new york state with a post-ban rifle and its bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 16" chrome lined bushy barrel and it shoots less than 1 moa with good ammo and 2-2.5 with crappy stuff. So you should be able to. Buy some good ammo and go to the range, then tell me if your gun can shoot 1 moa .

Invisiblesoul
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top