Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 12:28:32 PM EST
I bought a used 16" upper with a weird muzzle brake on it. I couldn't seem to get very good groups with it, even at 25 yards and at 100 only 1 round even hit the paper. Same range with my SKS, I was shooting just fine, same with the CETME. I unscrewed the muzzle brake and looked at it - there are little burrs sticking where the bullet would go. I'll try to take a good picture and upload it. Could this be affecting accuracy?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:31:45 PM EST
um......

YEAH.....

Your whole rifle is shot. I live in the PHX area. I'll trade you my PERFECTLY functional and accurate Yugo SKS for your broken AR.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:51:06 PM EST
If it's screw on muzzle brake, leave it off and shoot it like that. Does the accuracy improve?

Maybe the bullet is hitting the brake when it exits.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:42:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By 87gn:
I bought a used 16" upper with a weird muzzle brake on it. I couldn't seem to get very good groups with it, even at 25 yards and at 100 only 1 round even hit the paper. Same range with my SKS, I was shooting just fine, same with the CETME. I unscrewed the muzzle brake and looked at it - there are little burrs sticking where the bullet would go. I'll try to take a good picture and upload it. Could this be affecting accuracy?

Ya, I bet it's the muzzle break doing it. A few CETME owners had to send their rifle back to Century to get it fixed for the same problem. Century just swapped out muzzle breaks, and then it shot fine. I see no reason why this could not be the case on your AR.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:47:58 PM EST
Accuracy can also be affected by an overtorqued muzzle brake or Flashsuppressor.
Top Top