Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:39:15 PM EDT
Does anyone know why when I use the big hole on the rear back up sights that the rifle shoots low, the front post is turned as low as it can go. But when I use the small hole it shoots fine. I have a sig sauer 516 that came with flip up sights.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know why when I use the big hole on the rear back up sights that the rifle shoots low, the front post is turned as low as it can go. But when I use the small hole it shoots fine. I have a sig sauer 516 that came with flip up sights.
View Quote

Sounds like you need to mechanical zero your sights first.
Here is a link if you need a idea how.

Mechanical zero sights

The small hole is for point targets - small aperture will give the tightest shot groups

The big hole is for area targets and traditionally night fire - your shot groups can vary more with the big aperture

And then of course it comes down to breathing, trigger squeeze etc...

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Big hole is also used to shoot with a pro-mask on
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Big hole is also used to shoot with a pro-mask on
View Quote

Didn't figure he was gonna wear a M 40 LOL
Good add though
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the info
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top