Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 12:58:23 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

Heres my question i would appreciate any feed back. I have an eotech 512 mounted on my ar 15 rifle. I have been looking at getting a rear iron sight for backup incase the eotech goes out when zombies come rolling down my street. Question is this Can i mount the sight (just the sight with no carrying handle) behind the eotech and use it with the eotech mounted but not on? So i would be aiming through the sighting recticle of the eotech. I just want to be sure before i spend a whole bunch of money =) thanx rob
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Eotech 511 with ARMS flip up rear sight. I know another officer that has the 512 with the same flip up rear. Doesn't leave much room but it will mount , co witness and is usable thru the Eotech.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
if you dont use a riser for the eotech you can use your BUIS more effectively as it will be centered up nice in the window.

if you have a riser then its going to be sitting in the lower third of the eotech window and a little harder to see.

i went with the larue eotech mount, as you can pull it off the rifle and remount it and it holds its zero, you dont need tools to do this either. Also use the arms 40L which leans when mounted on my receiver because my RRA receivers rail is not to spec.

since you mentioned spending a whole bunch of money, make sure you buy from a retailer that will let you send it back if you dont like how it fits or the setup. some have restocking fees, some dont, they can do what they want cause its their business but do what you want when you decide who to buy from. good luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes you can.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top