Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 1:37:09 PM EDT
Ill keep it short and sweet cus i have a broken arm and typing sucks.

I have astigmatism, my soft contacts cant correct it.
all Red dots halo badly.
Will holosights also halo?  I've never looked through an eotech but would probably get one if they didnt halo.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
When I do not wear my glasses (I am near sighted with an astigmatism) IT is a big fuzzy circle with a fuzzy dot .  I put on my glasses, crystal clear
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have astigmatism, my soft contacts cant correct it.

What soft contacts do you wear?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Same problem here with astigmatism, I love the holgraphic image but it doesnt like my eyesight, now if they only made a corrective lens to fit on the back of Eotech's and Holo-Sights that would be great

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
tag.

I have an astigmatism as well and am currently trying to choose between EoTech and Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I too have some astigmatism. The Eotech reticles look bad but I can turn down the brightness on my Aimpoints and the dots sharpen up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I did notice that under certain lighting conditions the image would improve, lighter background and ambient light helped.

While annoying it does not seem to have any measureable effect on performance but is a drag to see all the fuzz on an expensive optic (not its fault of course), I have also noticed this rpoblem with other dot sights but it just seems to be more circumspect with the holgraphic image.

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I wear those day/night ones now.. used to wear acuvue2's.
The way my eye is does not allow the contacts to fix all of my astig.
here is what red dots look like to me in low light areas

I kind of over did the darkness of the halo, but u get the idea lol.

Do eotechs halo like this??  or will it be crisp??

When i am outside the reddots look about normal.
The aimpoint is better than my OKO in terms of halo because it has a lower brightness setting, so i am leaning towards an aimpoint also.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
think that with the Eotech/Holo-Sight you will have the the same problem inside and under low light conditions but with the 65moa ring around the dot it seems to atenuate the problem and still allows for a decent aiming point and accuracy, these will dial way down in brightness to help in low light probably more so than other designs.

Jeff
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top