Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 11:02:54 AM EST
has anyone had any probs with the arms flattop aimpoint mount on a rra upper coming loose or anything like that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:06:57 AM EST
RRA had a bunch of their early flat tops that were under size, but they have fixed that and there are now a lot of ARMS throw levers now on them.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:44:27 AM EST
check the two screws under the mount I have two of them and the both came loose over time Blue loctite solved the problem.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:11:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By M4-TUNA:
check the two screws under the mount I have two of them and the both came loose over time Blue loctite solved the problem.[/quot

Loctight is a good idea on any screws, especialy those that go into a stainless steel bushing like they use. They told me that since they never know if a customer is going to need a spacer on the modular ht. ring, they leave it up to the customer. With it already loc-tighted, people would complain it was too hard to get them seperated to incert a spacer.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:09:42 PM EST
That's why you use blue, it is for light settings but you can break it free with a screw driver. (DO NOT USE RED) or you will need heat to release it. I used the #222MS that comes with most Arms products.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:44:19 PM EST
Top Top