Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:06:40 PM EDT
How do the armalite 1 piece mount compare to the Larue SPR mount (both 1 inch). I currently have the armalite and it is just a little low and sits just a little too far back. Is the SPR mount higher than the armalite and does it move the optic more forward??? The SPR-EE will be too long.

I'd appreciate anyone's input
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:47:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:08:52 PM EDT
Both Larue scope mounts come in 1".
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:02:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:04:25 PM EDT
I had the RRA which is very similar to the Armalite. It did sit way back and was barely high enough to clear a folded down BUIS.

The LaRue does give you the ability to push the optic forward, far enough for me to get a good cheek weld with proper eye relief, assuming a nose to charging handle weld. It also clears my Troy rear BUIS.

Mine is the one inch ring flavor, and you can also, apparently since I haven't done it, get a set of 30mm rings too, if you need to change size / scope. LaRue also makes a Dr Optic mount option for the SPR if you want a red dot to go with your magnified optic.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:34:20 AM EDT
I've got the EER mount for my Accupoint. I've thought about using my Weaver Grand Slam on one of my ARs, so I tried out the EER for that...it was perfect. The GS is about 15" long, with a lot of that length forward. With the EER, the eye was about an inch forward of the end of the flat top...just about perfect to have close to nose to charging handle eye relief. I prefer to be back a hair, about 1/2", and the EER allowed me to do that with this scope. I also checked it on my Buckmaster 4.5x14x40...which is even longer than the Weaver and with more tube aft of the adjustment knobs. Worked like a charm on that one too, as I had a little room on the flat top to play with.

So, if you plan on mounting a really long scope, you might consider the EER if you're going the LaRue route.
If it weren't for the cost, I'd have LaRue mounts on every one of my scoped ARs....just can't afford it right now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:58:54 AM EDT
In before the ARMs vs La rue lock.
ibtavll?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:18:36 AM EDT
what larue offers armalite does not compare
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:24:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
what larue offers armalite does not compare

pretty much
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:33:31 PM EDT
Just for the record, I know the relative quality differences between the armalite and Larue mounts as well as the functionality differences. In fact, I was hoping to get some info on the relative "size differences"---height/eye relief. I am going to switch out my armalite mount with either a LaRue SPR or some ARMS/Swan Sleeve configuration. I was using the armalite as a size benchmark since that's what I know.....
Top Top