Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:46:40 AM EDT
has anyone purchased these 20 rd aluminum mags from forrest inc. i'm looking for input are they any good , the price is $109.00 per doz. i need to know if they fit and function properly , the ad also says you can get green followersinstalled free, just ask.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be HIGHLY skeptical as I have been bitten in the ass several times on "good deals" regarding mags...

If you do happen to purchase these mags, (I wouldn't unless they offer complete refund with return shipping if you are not satisfied or SEVERAL people on the board tell you they are good) let us know how they turn out...

BTW, do you have a link to the add if it is online?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Some things you should know:

1. These are aftermarket mags, not USGI mags.  In other words, they are junk.

2. Used USGI 20s go for $20-25 each.  The price quoted is less than half that.  TANSTAAFL!

3. Tom Forrest has the WORST service in the entire gun industry. [RED] I'd buy a Hesse rifle for self-defense before I'd buy a magazine from Tom Forrest[/RED].  Note that he was selling NIW USGI mags for $69 each (!!!) two years ago, so if the things THESE mags are only worth $9 each, what do YOU think they're worth?

-Troy
View Quote

[ROFL]  I think I have found a new sig line. May I, Troy?

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Troy, that quote is too funny to pass up. I will admit that I have been tempted to buy mags from forrest co. . But the research I have done lead me not to. His prices are very tempting.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the info i didnt know anything about this company til now other than their ad in shotgunnews. what 20 rd. mags should i be looking for and how much each?????
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top