Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:31:48 PM EDT
I was curious what the approx value of a bushmaster xm-15 would be.  Someone is trying to sell me this carbine and I dont know what a good price would be.  I am told is a "pre-ban" xm-15 with a 11" or 11.5" barrel and a 5.5" or 5" flash hider.  Any comments would be appreciated.  Assume the rifle is in good condition.  Thanks

Dustin
I will try to attach some pics..
http://members.cox.net/bunkie21/fs/misc008.jpg
http://members.cox.net/bunkie21/fs/misc011.jpg
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well im a cheap bastard, the most id pay would be 600bux, but I would verify the S/N and if its indeed a preBan, the lower alone is worth about 300-400bux to the guys still in a the AWB states. it looks good. What kinda price is he saying?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
He is asking $700.  How can I verify if it is a pre-ban?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Does "pre-ban" matter in your state?  If not, it's kind of a moot point to you - unless you want to re-sell it to someone that lives in a state that still has a local "ban" in effect.

Some people aren't big fans of the 11.5" barrel with the 5.5" flash hider, simply because you get all of the disadvantages of the short barrel (i.e. low velocity) without any advantage over a regular carbine with a 16" barrel because the permanent flsh hider brings the length to 16" anyway.

But, if you like that setup, I'd say it's probably worth about $600 - $650, depending on how many rounds are down the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you can call Bushmaster or there is a LINK somewhere with all the PRE-Ban S/Ns from all ARs. Maybe someone will post it.

$700bux isnt bad, if its in really good shape, id say get it either way. If it is Pre-Ban. definetly get it. THere are dealers on here that will trade you 2 brand new lowers for that one pre-ban lower.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top