Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2004 4:21:10 PM EDT
these are advertised on the EE and look very nice. I really like the logo, maybe thats the hillbilly in me coming out. I notice they are made in the next town over from Hartford Conn. Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one with a bushy M4 upper on it, and it fit perfectly.  Bushmaster pinned telestock fit great as well (no shit), and the color is a perfect match.

They look pretty damn nice in my opinion.  They are functionally identical to every other forged lower out there.

Some people have been claiming bushy and other uppers wouldnt fit perfectly, but mine did.  By claming, I mean they did not.  However, were talking about thousandths of an inch.  You can slide them in, but they're tight.  I hear they loosen up.  worst case, stone it down a little, and you're golden.  For the price...they can't be beat.

Scott
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
A local FFL is on file with them, I think I shall order 2.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I used one on my first build with model 1 kit. Fit was snug and color match great. I would recommend them for quality and price. I have seen new name brand rifles with more slack between uppers & lowers. Will use again for my next build "I caught the disease".
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi, new to Ar15.com,

As a newb (firearms owner, but no AR15s yet), I'm considering the merits of building vs. buying major components/whole gun.  While looking at the costs of each approach, and considering some of the advice I've heard and read on these boards, I've considered getting a RRA A2 lower, assembled, from eaglefirearms.net, or the Stag lower assembled, for about $20 less than the RRA.

I've heard good things about RRA lowers, and I'd like to solicit feedback about the Stag lowers.  I've heard/read that they aren't milled out fully to mil-spec, but (if I understand correctly) this only makes a difference for DIAS (no idea what this stands for... suspect it has something to do with full auto select switch clearance inside the lower?), which doesn't seem particularly relevant to someone like me, who doesn't have or expect to get a full auto weapon license.

Also, the advertisement refers to these Stag lowers being made on the same machines as are used to produce another major manufacurer's lowers.  Does anyone know who else's lowers this company makes, or is that just advertising BS?

Thanks,
-Slap

P.S. I welcome any advice, commentary on following plan, which assumes I don't find a gun in EE:
DPMS A2 upper barrel assembly, $459 + chromed barrel option, if available (+~$20?).
Stag lower half, A2, $187 (or RRA lower for $206, if the Stags aren't up to snuff) +
-------------
Whole gun: ~$666 (or $685.)+tax/shipping/etc.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not advertising BS .  They are a top quality company who makes lowers for few of the major names in the AR arena.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
They are just like the RRA lowers.
I don’t think they are made by the same people that make the Colts.
I had 4 at one time, but I only built one.
They fit very tight. The upper I used was a Cerro ( little key hole upper)
I think for the price they are the best deal out there now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top