BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 8:31:24 PM EDT
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/Model_R-25.asp

i knew they were making AR-15's but i didn't know about the .308 R-25

anyone know how these compare to a Armalite AR-10? or any other?

i did a search for it and didn't see anything about it

thanks!

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/centerfire/r-25_780.jpg
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a DPMS gun. One company is the parent corp of Remington, Bushmaster (and Cobb Mfg) and DPMS.  Probably why Bushy sold the BAR-10 (other than trademark infringement and it didn't work for shit) to RRA (then RRA tried to call it the LAR-10..duh).  I'm surprised Remington isn't catching heat from KAC for using the -25 designation on a .308 gun. That may not be that big of a deal, but the others clearly used the AR-10 name with the addition of a simple prefix.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 4:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Probably why Bushy sold the BAR-10 (other than trademark infringement and it didn't work for shit) to RRA then RRA tried to call it the LAR-10

The BAR-10 was actually designed by RRA & sold to Bushy. People always seem to get that wrong.

Anyway, the Remington is simply a DPMS rifle with some camo applied. Search for DPMS & you will find plenty of info. I haven't seen one around here, but wondered if they were priced higher than the DPMS line.

Take care,
HS
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have used the DPMS labeled version.  It is great.  With the short barrels, I got .75 moa groups.  With the bull barrel versions, I got .5 moa groups.  All have been very reliable.  

Let's please not get into the AR-10 or FAL mag thing again in this guy's thread.  

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top