BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 11:21:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like Wolf in a Bear's Clothing....sorry couldn't resist.

MT
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks like Wolf in a Bear's Clothing....sorry couldn't resist.

MT

I wouldn't know...............Is it the same thing as Wolf ammo?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Similar to but not the same as Wolf.  Silver Bear is manufactured by Barnaul in Russia.  They use a zinc coating on the steel cases, Wolf uses either the laquer or the new polymer.  If you do a search on the board there are several reviews.  General impressions are that it is a little higher quality than Wolf, but still plinking ammo.  I guess one can only expect so much from steel cased ammo.  If you  shop around you can find XM193 for a few dollars more.  Check out ammoman.com.

Sarge
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot it. I had no problems in my RRA. My friend has an issue with it but he had a model1sales kit so I don't know if that effected it.

It is about on par with wolf. I prefer slightly better stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I've also shot it, it was Ok, but I prefer Wolf for cheap plinking. My AR likes Wolf better, and I can get Wolf cheaper.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169973
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top