Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2003 10:04:25 PM EDT
any competition shooters use a adjustable gas system on your AR match rifles.  I am wondering if it is worth the time and trouble.  I would like to tune the system to smooth out the heavier bullets and loads during rapid fire strings, if so - does it effect the lighter 69's to the point of malfunctions.  I would like to set and forget the system.  The gas system works fine now but you know - I am always looking for an edge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the JP adjustable system on two rifles. It works as advertised but I caution you to spend the time getting it set up properly! I blew one match because the set screw that regulates gas volume beacme "unset" and put me in single shot mode. I fixed it easily enough with more loctite. Properly adjusted, they are great but I would never put one on a tactical rifle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:31:24 AM EDT
[#2]
heron 163
Is the JP system a gas bleed off?  so when you lost the set screw it was wide open and no gas was running down the tube to operate the bolt?  I seen one system that is a gas bleed off type - must be a sized jet that blows off excess gas?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#3]
poi, there is no 'gas bleed off' per se, the regulating screw restricts the volume of gas thru the tube. As pressures equalize (bullet leaves the barrel) any pressure in the tube (on the upstream side) would bleed back into the barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top