Posted: 10/8/2004 12:04:52 AM EDT
$49 bucks is hard to beat

Do they fit well? not loose?

www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=ZSTK440102&rc=HL094B
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont know. That one isnt a Cav or RRA sourced piece though, it is shaped like a Colt stock. I wonder who makes it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
www.leapers.com/Pages/PARTS%20AND%20TOOLS/AR-15-RB-A687-C.htm

I put a question in the industry section about the stock but I have not gotten and answer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I dont know. That one isnt a Cav or RRA sourced piece though, it is shaped like a Colt stock. I wonder who makes it.

It looks like a Tapco brand...

for that price, I have a feeling there's something about it that Tapco wouldn't want us to know about
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks like a Tapco brand...

for that price, I have a feeling there's something about it that Tapco wouldn't want us to know about

Maybe they don't want you to know that almost all AR15 accessories are vastly overpriced. Telestocks probably have about $5 worth of materials in them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:28:27 AM EDT
[#6]
A shooting buddy of mine has one on his AK, used in conjunction with a stock adaptor.  It feels very solid in the adaptor, with no rattle in the stock, and its deffinitely larger than the standard 4 position stock.

PolytechKID
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks identical to the one I bought from Bushmaster for $100 bucks.   I think for that price its worth a shot.  Wont they let you return it if you are unsatisfied?  What is there to lose?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Id answer, but I dont want to be seen as an intollerant gear-snob Gucci-boy internet commando.

I'll take that as a "you get what you pay for" response.  

Don't know about the stock.  For just under $20 more, I can get a RRA from ADCO.  I'll stick with the  RRA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#9]
i bought the $20 green one and it works fine the buffer and spring look weird but i just used my old ones.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]
This might be a deal at $30.  I picked up a number of their cheapo older model telestocks for $25 a pop.  They rattle, but they hold up to .458 SOCOM, so I can live with the aesthetics for that price.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#11]
That thing loks just like the RRA 6-pos tele-stock I bought at the show weekend before last for $75.  I wish I could have a real close look and compare the two.  I hope I didn't pay an extra $25 just for the RRA name.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got my new TAPCO catalog (bought some FAL stuff) and both the CAR and the M4 stocks are shown in the catalog as "Made in USA", and pt992(r) compliant.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
$49 bucks is hard to beat

Do they fit well? not loose?

www.tapco.com/item_pics/md/ZSTK440102_md.jpg

www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=ZSTK440102&rc=HL094B

gaspian,

Nothing against TAPCO, but $50(+10 shipping)for an "unknown deal" may not be worth it.  I bought 3 stocks from RBPRECISION
.  They are $74 inc shipping and they include the tactical wrench also.  I only needed one tactical wrench, so they lowered the price some.  When you figure in shipping and the cost of the wrench it's only about 8 or 9 dollars difference.
FB
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Tactical wrench? Oh boy....

I'd like to see someone's opinion of  this actual stock. We already have enough speculation, and there's plenty of people out there that confuse these with the last batch. According to an email I got from TAPCO themselves, they admit (too strong a word) that the CAR stocks were a mistake, but were quite confident I'd be satisfied with these. I plan to order two when my CC payment clears.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top