Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 6:43:35 PM EDT
what kind of red dot sight do have on it??? + and Minuse sfor this setup.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Bi level rail for the carrying handle or the bi-level rail on the SIR??
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
carry handle..
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS#39 is an excellent option for your A2 upper. It is build with the Aimpoint and Reflex in mind.  With an Aimpoint, you will require a ARMS #22/m68 and with the Reflex you will need the weaver mount or the ARMS#15.

By selecting a #39 bi-level rail you will not be able to use a duble shield sytle handguard on the top.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks, it seems sturdier than the Bennie Cooley mount. You have any idea if a holosight would be compatible??? In regards to the handguard, that was my next question. thnaks. I haven't decided yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It is an extremely durable and sturdy.  I have not had any problems of any type with it.  Any sight/optic can be mounted on the mount, but not all will cowitness the iron sights.  To my knowledge, from responses from other members here, there are no "reflex" style optics that will cowitness.  If I remember correctly, the distance from the center of the optic to the mount is 1.5 inches.

Sarge

BTW, you can use one M4 style handguard on the bottom, but the top one has to be the standard style.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I use it with a Eotech and it works great.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top