Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:03:16 AM EDT
i bought 24 inch heavy bbl upper with a high rise flat top and a free float tube off of a guy i know at work. It is made by jt distributing. It has a 1in8 inch twist. Is this a good upper, and what grain bullet should i load for it??
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:16:28 PM EDT
I can't believe I actually get to be the first person who says "WHO?!?! YOU BOUGHT WHAT?!"

Seriously, J&T is a high quality reputable company with good products. I have zero regrets about anything I've bought from them... all great quality / service.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:43:31 PM EDT
good deal man, glad to hear. i cant wait to get a lower and bolt carrier for this thing. i loaded up a few different loads tonite. what kinda accuracy can i expect at a hundred yards??
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:58:48 PM EDT
I've never had a J&T "match" or bull barrel, but the standard 20" A2 Hbar barrel (Shaw, I think) I had easily shoots MOA (traded it to my brother)... with the standard handguards even, not free floating. You'll find ARs in general (regardless of manufacturer) are very accurate guns. I also have a 16" J&T with open sights that I KNOW shoots better than I do.

The trick is to find ammo (or if you reload, a decent load) that your gun likes. Mines shot great with Federal American Eagle or Win Q3131A. It shot OK with Fed XM193 (Lake City) also. Mine had a 1/9 twist and it shot great with 55 or 62 gr bullets. With your 1/8 I bet you could go heavier and get decent results.

As a side note, I always like to keep my barrels clean of copper... they shoot a lot better clean.

Shal1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:01:59 PM EDT
they are an industry partner of ar15.com

do a search and you will find good results and feedback
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:33:55 AM EDT
i went to a gun show in louisville ky a while back and found a better deal with them on a lower parts kit than pk's yea 5 buck whoopie but the service i got there was out of this world now when i goto a gun sho i ask if they are there and if not i wont go in... bought 2 lpks bolt carrier group and an a2 buttstock and lemme tell you tese people are great to deal with was gonna buy a shirt for my son after perusing their table and buying a few items and they gave me the shirt... they know now that they have a customer for life here... which reminds me i have to find out when and where the next gun show is that they are gonna be at because they dont have a store front they do business by shipping only ... if your local to central ky goto centerfire they carry a few of their items and theyre<cough> cheaper there ... actually jt distributing and doublestar are two compamies but both are owned by the same family yes i said family and the wife is the president...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:35:29 AM EDT
oh yea i forgot this its their website
http://www.jtdistributing.com/index.shtml
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:04:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By akhunter:
oh yea i forgot this its their website
http://www.jtdistributing.com/index.shtml

That brings up a good point and the ONLY SINGLE THING I do not like about J&T... they really, really need to update their website. It sucks. I love to order things online and would order a lot more from them if they had a better website.

Shal1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:14:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:35:44 PM EDT
I purchased some parts from them in the past. Nice to deal with. Fast ship.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:41:38 PM EDT
I have dealt with J&T a few times. Good people.

There was a time when they stocked lots of Colt parts and barrels.
Top Top