Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 3:12:17 PM EDT
I am looking to get a new ar (my first) and I was wondering if there are any other manufacturers that make similar rifles to the JP enterprises ctr-o2.

so far in my searches it seems to be one of the best out there.

thanks

t

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:03:44 PM EDT
What do you want to do with your AR ? Varmint ? Target?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 8:03:52 PM EDT by -t-m-o-]
target/varmint isnt that about the same...?

with a rail on top I never thought that it really mattered all that much what designation you give to the rifle, change the sights on it and it becomes the other.

I moving on from a $1000+ 10/22, want something for longer range shooting, been shooting the .22 at about 200 yards this past weekend with metal targets. the bullet drop and drift out to that range is a lot to deal with.

just interested in other manufacturers to look into, is there anyone out there building rifles in the same league as them? I have seen the tubb 2000 but I would rather have a semi-auto.

t

edit: just found the Les Baer AR ULTIMATE Super Varmint, that looks pretty nice as well
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:22:16 PM EDT
Have ADCO Firearms build you a SAM-R or SPR contour upper. Use a 1 in 7 twist barrel. Get 75 or 77 Gr ammo and you'll be shooting out to 800 yards with no issues.

From a Ruger 10/22 to an AR-type rifle is quite a jump. No worries at 200 yards. Heck even a 55 gr bullet will take you past 500 under the right conditions.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:19:57 AM EDT
thanks,

I knew it was a substansial upgrade, but I dont want to half ass the next rifle I purchase. and I dont want to have to spend tons of $$$$ upgrading a stock upper/lower.

I have more leftover parts from my 10/22 to build 2 rifles (just need the receivers.. ) would rather not go through that agian. I did learn a lot about that little rifle though, but spent more than I should have..

I will probably get a 2nd upper as well, something cheap and chrome lined for the "blaster" days at the range and in the desert.... :) I dont wreck a good barrel while out havin fun.

t
Top Top