BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2003 6:54:11 AM EDT
wondering what every one's thoughts are
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
All the one's I've fired were tack drivers.  However Fulton doesn't have chrome lined barrels so that excludes them from duty/defensive use IMHO.  The only chrome lined barrels they do sell are suplus M16A1 barrels which pretty much limit you to 55gr & under.

But who needs a plinking barrel with match sights?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard this saying, that noon-chromed disqualifies from defense/duty use.  Why is this?

I mean, I realize this is non-preferred, and maybe even unsuitable for military use, but why should I be concerned about my non-chrome barrel in a clean, 100% gun for home defense?
The AR system isn't *that* fragile, is it?  Military has used non-chrome barrels for years and years in some guns, it's OK.  The VietNam experience was due to a lot more than non-chromed barrels (inexperience and bad maintenance).

Anyway, I have a 20" A2 Fulton.  100% reliable, never a surprise.  Even works 100% with Wolf and Olympic ammo!  I shoot it dirty with no failures, but I keep it clean when it's detailed for defense.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top