Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:46:41 AM EDT
Hi, I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these...does anybody here have one?, if so, pls. post pics, thanks! also, how does it stand up to the rigors of your shooting habits on or off duty etc...
heckoutwww.grippod.com/
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are they?

I hate places that will not list the price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they range from $150 for the polymer and $250 for the aluminum.  Not totally sure though.  I also am thinking of getting one and would love to hear a review.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
ive seen one soldier in Iraq that had one. he said he really liked it alot. If i see him in a few months, ill have to ask him how it is holding up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I am currently training for my deployment to the sandbox and have been issued one for my A4.  It definitely is a nice concept, although it adds a little more weight than you would think.  I will probably get one after I get home...in 15 months or so
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
i was looking around ebay and found a decent price...basically same...made of polymer/ nylon blend and deploys with push button, except it's coming from hong kong....almost half the price, (only 55 bucks) cause they're selling it here in the US for $149 for the polymer one.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6596091317&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Do a search on grippod. It has been discussed and bashed extensively.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'll pass.  I've seen too much airsoft replica shit come out of China...  I think I'm gonna take the plunge and buy the real thing.  If you guys decide to buy too, I'd suggest buying the polymer.  I heard the aluminum is not only expensive, but too heavy..
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
At $150 for polymer and $250 for aluminum I believe they're overpriced.  The Ebay item for $55 is tempting, but every Hong Kong knock off item I've even seen or purchased myself is poor quality [or not weapons grade material].  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah,I was kinda thinking the same thing...and made a call to the 800 number, the guy said the cheapest model is the polymer one and costs $149.  I still want to hear some feedbacks though before I buy one.( ill search the threads k).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do a search on grippod. It has been discussed and bashed extensively.

+1

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
For me, it's another one of those-"answers to a problem that I don't have"
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For me, it's another one of those-"answers to a problem that I don't have"

Normally, I'd agree.

and not saying you have problems you don't know about, but this thing is a combined vertical grip and bi-pod.

Plenty of AR shooters use both and this will be a better mousetrap for them.

This one (not the Airsoft knock-off) will support a grown man standing atop the gun with the legs deployed..............so it is durable.

It is standard issue on the new FN SCAR Mk 16/17.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:48:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered mine today! I will take a pic of it as soon as it arrives, and post pic here.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#14]
No it is not. The VFG for the scar is the TD Mk46.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been using one since December now, though I haven't done as much shooting with it as I would like. The polymer Grippod is 7oz. and is an excellent vertical grip. It is rock-solid on the rail, width-adjustable to allow for some out-of-spec rails, and you can take it on and off without having to dismount everything, remove covers, etc.

It fills the hand good, kind of like the TD; but not quite as much as the CQD. I also run my thumbs on the weakside of the gun and the knob that attaches the handle is perfectly placed to rest my thumb. As a vert. grip, I think it is top notch.

As a bipod, it isn't as good as a dedicated bipod; but it is definitely a lot lighter and better than the magazine as monopod technique. The polymer bipod has enough flex you can track side to side a little. The big issue though is that unless you like to run your VFG far forward, the grip is usually not in a great location to provide good bipod stability. If you are like me though and like to "drive" the gun, then it is a pretty nice package.

After all, how else can you get a 65 lumen 6v light, a VFG, and a bipod for less than 13oz?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got mine yesterday. I installed it, but havent had a chance to use it yet. Hoping to try it out coyote hunting this week. I got mine from www.ustacticalsupply.com it was 160 with shipping. Seems to be high quality from what i can tell.  Here is a couple of pics for ya.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top