Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 11:35:18 PM EDT
they have listed panther arms ar 15 complete parts kits in 16 and 20 inches for 399.00. i may buy a couple but have never orderd from them before. any sperience would be nice to hear
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good place

They just dont ever update their website. Might want to call and see if its discontinued like most everything I've tried to get there.

head.gif
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
ordered from them once, good experience overall.  But I think it's better to call in your orders rather than place it online.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good place

They just dont ever update their website. Might want to call and see if its discontinued like most everything I've tried to get there.

yeah, ditto for me, like thier "FN" barrels. Slow service from my experience too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Guns N Stuff is another name for FAC.

If you check around, you will find mixed comments on FAC.

Personally, I have ordered several things from them this year, including a couple of their StG-58 kits that they had available earlier this year before they sold out.  I had extremely good service from them, and stuff was shipped quickly.

I will order from them again.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
they have listed panther arms ar 15 complete parts kits in 16 and 20 inches for 399.00. i may buy a couple but have never orderd from them before. any sperience would be nice to hear

Bought a DPMS lower parts kit from them a few years back. It was out of spec and I returned it. No response. First I was told they never got it, then that there was no problem with it, then that they sent it to DPMS, then to basically piss up a rope. To this day no kit. Hell may one day freeze over and on that day I will place another order with them.
YMMV, of course
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I wouldnt screw with FAC myself. Those kits need headspaced after you put them together. Go to Model 1 and get their light barrel carbine kit. Cost is $415 dollars. No headspacing. Just put one on a Oly. lower. Everything fit and works great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldnt screw with FAC myself. Those kits need headspaced after you put them together. Go to Model 1 and get their light barrel carbine kit. Cost is $415 dollars. No headspacing. Just put one on a Oly. lower. Everything fit and works great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the multiply posts. My internet is screwed up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Hey, I always wanted to meet the guy who owned the internet...Larry
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a pretty bad experience with them. When my FFL ordered my lower for me, they didn't tell him it was out of stock. Two weeks later we were both wondering where it was so I called them up. Turns out they haven't had the receiver for months and weren't expecting to get it any time soon. Needless to say, we canceled the order and ordered direct from the manufacturer. Avoid them at all costs, even if it means paying a few bucks more.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
that would be Al Gore!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I always wanted to meet the guy who owned the internet...hr

That would be Al Gore!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#14]

What do you mean need to be headspaced  / DPMS barrels come headspaced from the factory, makes you stop and think. My experiance with FAC has been that they play with your money always waiting for out of stock merchandise to come in, have gone to several of there suppliers after being told OS only  to find out that they have not placed an order with that company .
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I deal with FAC a lot, I have ordered maybe 70 FAL receivers and lots of FAL kits over the past few years.
It's always best to call them when placing a order and have the sales person check if what you want is in stock.
They have some odd rules about taking orders that need a FFL from anyone but the FFL holder.
If I have any trouble I always E-mail Harlan and he straightens it out.

I have had good luck with them.

Court 223 (aka Court in FL.)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top