Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 12:35:49 PM EDT
http://www.patriotpetitions.us/petition.asp?id=5

sorry guys, I'd like to have given you the hyper link but wasn't sure how to do it.

anyway, the petition is well written by folks fighting to return our Republic to its Constitutional roots, of which our 2nd ammendment rights are paramount.

letter writing, phone calls, even emails (although some say their not worth it) need to continue to go out, but I'll sign any worthy petition as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.patriotpetitions.us/petition.asp?id=5[/url]

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
This should have been titled, "another way to give your email address to spammers".  Sure, their privacy statement says they don't give it out, but if they were operating as a spammer service themselves, they wouldn't be violating their statement by signing you up to all their distribution lists.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve said this before, and it rubbed some well meaning people the wrong way, but I would be remiss if I didn't speak my mind...

GODBLESSTHEUSA, your desire to toss the AW ban onto the ash heap of history is admirable, but you need to WATCH OUT FOR MISDIRECTED, TIME-WASTING EFFORTS!

Internet petitions are useless! They make folks think they are actually doing something when they are not. It's a false sense of accomplishment. We need to focus on the stuff that works!!!

POLITICIANS ONLY CARE ABOUT VOTES AND MONEY.

[b]In-person visits, phone calls, faxes, and snail-mailed, hand signed letters[/b] are the way to make your opinion heard, because politicians know that if you expend this much time & effort, you and your family will also vote & contribute to their campaigns (or not)!

Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but them's the facts...
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’ve said this before, and it rubbed some well meaning people the wrong way, but I would be remiss if I didn't speak my mind...

GODBLESSTHEUSA, your desire to toss the AW ban onto the ash heap of history is admirable, but you need to WATCH OUT FOR MISDIRECTED, TIME-WASTING EFFORTS!

Internet petitions are useless! They make folks think they are actually doing something when they are not. It's a false sense of accomplishment. We need to focus on the stuff that works!!!

[b]In-person visits, phone calls, faxes, and snail-mailed, hand signed letters[/b] are the way to make your opinion heard, because politicians know that if you expend this much time & effort, you and your family will also vote & contribute to their campaigns (or not)!

View Quote

i agree with you....and i DO spend the time to do all of those things on a very regular basis. i get letters form my senators and congressmen almost on a daily basis.
BUT... it cant hurt to try all of the other methods available as well.  

BTW get a hotmail addy and use it for crap like this.  i dont even look at who sent me stuff, just hit delete.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This should have been titled, "another way to give your email address to spammers".  Sure, their privacy statement says they don't give it out, but if they were operating as a spammer service themselves, they wouldn't be violating their statement by signing you up to all their distribution lists.
View Quote

These folks put out a weekly ezine called the Federalist.  They are simply a group of patriots attempting to restore our Republic.  They view the 2nd ammendment fight as part of that restoration.  I have signed several of their petitions and receive their ezine.  I have never had spam come from them selling my address.

If it makes you uncomfortable then don't sign it, but even if only half that read this string do it then it's worth my post.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

no offence but that's why I wrote the last line of the original post. I do "the stuff that works", but I disagree that petitioning doesn't work - ask Gray Davis if he thinks petitions are a waste of time.

I don't see why all venues of peaceful protest and reform can't be used.  I am in agreement that the methods you list have greater impact, I'm not suggesting that the petition be done in lieu of that but in addition to it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]
In CA there was a law that said if you got enough signatures, they would recall the governor.  There is no such law surrounding the AWB...in fact Gray Davis would have flat out ignored the petition despite the large number of people who signed it, had it not been law.  Your petitions are useless.  Signed hard-copy letters to your congressman are the only thing that will even get an eyebrow lifted...and that's not even much of a guarantee...they're going to do what they want anyway, meaning you're going to have to get off your ass and vote.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Watch this short video on supporting our troops:
http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]
The reason internet petitions don't work is by law a petition must be on paper, and have the signature of the person petitioning.

http://www.takebackthemedia.com/onearmy.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#10]
AWB will sun set, that is no doubt in that, petition or no petition, the ban will go away.  the stinking thing about it is what will come after it is what really scares me.  just wait, the ban will left, then some democrap will come up with a bill that will even further restrict the sales of these types of weapons and attach to some must pass bill.  I am just curoious if there is a grace period, how will they handle that.  because If a grace period exists, holy crap, I am ready!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top