Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/31/2005 7:18:42 AM EDT
Well another pro-gun, well at least gun neutral site has shut down. When I signed on today to pay for an EVIL item today. Here is what was on their sign in page.

"Effective December 31, 2005, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. As a result, BidPay will no longer offer payment services to the online auction industry. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank them for their loyal patronage. Customer service will remain available at bidpayservice@bidpay.com through the month of February."

That leaves only PayPal. While I have been a member of PayPal since they opened, and have never had a problem with them, since eBay has purchased them, they have become real anti gun. I have used Bidpay for both buying and selling guns. While they say no, I have never had one turned down.

But to sell on eBay you really need them. I know you can sell with out them, but most people like to use them as you can use a credit card. And even if PayPal does not help, you can back charge your credit card. I just sold 8 items on AR15.com and everyone paid by PayPal. The last 40 items I sold on eBay one 2 items were paid for by MO. The rest used PayPal.

So one less choice. I wish I had th money to start a PRO GUN payment site.... Bummer...

To keep this correct, no more paying for EVIL Black rifle parts (AR15) and guns off a auction by credit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:29:52 AM EDT
Not exactly AR Discussions, but I agree that paypal is horrid.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:35:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 7:36:26 AM EDT by Bradd_D]
Paypal finally closed my account for buying and selling firearms parts. It definitely makes selling on the EE alot tougher.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:08:53 PM EDT
Dam E - Commies!!! Amazing they could tell people what to do with your own money. I can't wait for there to be more competition for Ebay/Paypal and now Bidpay.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:25:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Paypal finally closed my account for buying and selling firearms parts. It definitely makes selling on the EE alot tougher.

How did they know you were selling firearm parts ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:29:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TrijiCog:

+1

??????
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:35:36 PM EDT

I think people are getting betrayed by what they put in the messages of the transactions.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:04:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 3:05:07 PM EDT by TrijiCog]

I think people are getting betrayed by what they put in the messages of the transactions.

Fools.If they MUST accurately describe what they are buying,they should have just put "machine parts". Standard description used in the transportation industry, and you aren't legally decieving anyone either.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2005 4:11:14 PM EDT by tankdriver]

Fools.If they MUST accurately describe what they are buying,they should have just put "machine parts". Standard description used in the transportation industry, and you aren't legally decieving anyone either.

I just sold 8 items on AR15.com, all paid with PayPal, made sure to tell them use the "Other Items" or "Services", and just say thanks. Then send me a email. Do not list AR15.com or gun parts
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:19:08 PM EDT
First I’ve heard of this, hopefully another internet payment service will surface and put “paypal” out of operation
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:33:17 PM EDT
I have had several people list the item name and it worried me. I have been lucky so far. I hate paypal's principles but love their convenience
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:25:30 PM EDT
I have used Paypal several times lately to buy beautiful flower vases. The last one was a GG&G flower vase, and before that I bought a LaRue flower vase.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:53:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:20:51 PM EDT
I don't understand why everyone gets caught and banned from Paypal.

Unless you actually buy a gun part on Ebay and link the auction to the payment you can make a paypal payment stand for anything.

When I use Paypal and I pick what it is for I never click on auction items. I just select goods.

Goods can be anything.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:37:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kisara:
I have used Paypal several times lately to buy beautiful flower vases. The last one was a GG&G flower vase, and before that I bought a LaRue flower vase.

Yeah, I hate Paypal, but if I have to use them I don't mention anything about guns. What they don't know won't hurt 'em.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:43:09 PM EDT
EBAY AND PAYPAL ARE ANTI GUN,AND IF YOU USE THEIR SERVICES THEN YOU ARE GIVING MONEY TO THE ENEMY AND I HAVE NO USE FOR YOU,USE A FUCKING USPS MONEY ORDER,IT IS NOT THAT HARD.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:53:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HarrySacz:
EBAY AND PAYPAL ARE ANTI GUN,AND IF YOU USE THEIR SERVICES THEN YOU ARE GIVING MONEY TO THE ENEMY AND I HAVE NO USE FOR YOU,USE A FUCKING USPS MONEY ORDER,IT IS NOT THAT HARD.

Tell us how you really feel....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:20:58 AM EDT
I quit worring about who gets a little of my money. Of all the crap that you buy everyday you never can tell for sure if you are giving money to an antigunner or not so I just buy anything from whoever I want for the lowest price.

I mean so far I am not suppossed to buy from Ebay, Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Kmart, Any store in the mall (yes Sears too), Dicks sporting goods, Gander Mountain, and the list evolves a little more every week.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:06:54 AM EDT

That's a lovely thought, but there are alot of folks on the EE that don't want to mess with MO's. Since my Paypal account has been closed it's been very difficult to sell things because of this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:23:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:11:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 7:12:13 AM EDT by JTAC_Supply]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:44:53 AM EDT
Good riddance. I signed up one time to process a payment and the service charge on a $60 payment was about $7. Crooks.

Run by Western Union. Hopefully they will stick to the ghetto paycheck cashing opererations they are most famous for!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:15:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 12:37:19 PM EDT by tankdriver]

Originally Posted By Bradley5050:
Good riddance. I signed up one time to process a payment and the service charge on a $60 payment was about $7. Crooks.

Sorry you had problems and disagreed with their service fee. The seller has to eat that with PayPal. 35 cents PER transaction, PLUS 3%. Also, do you think PayPal would let me buy these?

Payment in the amount $95.50 to G*** M******** for Stag Arms LOWER receiver AR 15 AR15 M-4 bought at 0 auction on Monday, 3 October 2005.

Money Order in the amount $775.00 to E*** *. D***** for Miltech German K98; CE / 44 Code & Date bought at GunBrokers.com auction on Friday, 25 June 2004.
Mailed to

Money Order in the amount $465.00 to E*** *. D***** for Russian Sniper (Replica) - Model 91/30, Izhevsh bought at GunBroker auction on Sunday, 3 August 2003.

Money Order in the amount $510.00 to M*** N****** for French MAS 49/56 with Military Scope bought at Auction Arms auction on Thursday, 16 May 2002.

Money Order in the amount $700.00 to D*** G***** for Mauser 98k High Turret Sniper ****MINTY**** bought at Gunbroker.com auction on Monday, 4 March 2002.

Money Order in the amount $641.00 to G*** O**** for 1943 K98k Mauser Werke / byf 43, 8MM, MATCHING! bought at Auction Arms auction on Monday, 4 March 2002.

Money Order in the amount $450.00 to L**** L****** for WTS: K43 stuff (package deal) http://pub42.bravenet.com/forum/fet...rnum=3603984471 bought at G/K 43 Discussion Forum auction on Friday, 1 February 2002.

Money Order in the amount $220.00 to J*** C. J***** for http://pub42.bravenet.com/forum/sho...rnum=3603984471 FS: ce 44 k98 rifle By phosphateb 01/9/02 06:57:52 PM bought at G/K 43 forum auction on Sunday, 13 January 2002.

These were all guns. And taken straight from my history on their webpage.
Do you want more? I still have 6 more pages I can look at for gun purchases and, I can list all of the parts I used them for. I have about 200 seperate oderes through them. Most all are gun related. This does not include where I was the seller. These are just where I was the buyer.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:32:11 AM EDT
So much for these seller's privacy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:54:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 10:54:23 AM EDT by Blanco_Diablo]

So...you have use for us otherwise?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:34:00 PM EDT

Where the hell am I supposed to get a USPS money order, the embassy?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:58:59 PM EDT

Post office
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:11:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

Post office

There's a United States Post Office in Czechoslovakia?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:07:15 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:11:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

Post office

I think he means he's out of the country... Just a wild guess.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/1/2006 9:20:15 PM EDT by Kaliburz]
Well, time will tell if something replaces it... I think I only used it twice.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:14:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kaliburz:
Well, time will tell if something replaces it... I think I only used it twice.....

Guys, I have found a online payment service that does not care if it is guns or not. Check them out. A guy at AR15 posted about them. I just opened a business account. Here's the link for you to look at.

Alertpay.com
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:10:19 AM EDT
Thanks for the link, I'll look into AlertPay. I was refused entry to the PO here, was packing a scoop of mint chocolate chip...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:52:43 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:07:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tankdriver:

Originally Posted By Kaliburz:

Guys, I have found a online payment service that does not care if it is guns or not. Check them out. A guy at AR15 posted about them. I just opened a business account. Here's the link for you to look at.

Alertpay.com

If a few ARFCom dealers could also check them out...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:17:46 PM EDT
You are correct, the more that support it the better it will get.
Top Top