Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 5:16:52 PM EDT
I have a post ban Colt MT6700 that I would like to rebarrel. I came into possession of a 20" threaded barrel w/bayonet lug & FSB but not 'F' marked. Do I need to find the proper FSB or can changing the front sight itself achieve the same thing?

BTW, if I do need to get a new FSB assembly, how carries the 'F' marked ones?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 5:53:26 PM EDT by WIZZO_ARAKM14]
I'd say throw the new barrel on there and go shoot it.

If it shoots really high (around 8" high at 100yds) you need to get a $5, .040" taller front site from Bushmaster.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:02:48 PM EDT
The "F" is for flattop. All "F" marked front sight bases are a little taller than the standard fron sight base. If you are going to mount the "F" marked base on a flattop receiver all you have to use is the standard front sight pin. If you are going to use it with a carry handle receiver you need to use a standard front sight base w/ standard pin.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
I'm a little confused here

I have a flattop receiver

My FSB is not 'F' marked.

To line things up properly, I just need a slightly taller front site pin? If so, who sells such a beast? Thanks

PS. primary sighting system is an ACOG but I will have BUIS and want to be able to get it sighted in properly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:44:01 PM EDT
I bought mine from Bushmaster they are .040 taller than the standard pin.
Top Top