Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/21/2006 4:12:36 PM EDT
Hi folks,

I've got a CMMG upper with an 'F' marked front sight base, and just picked up a YHM flip-up rear back-up iron sight. I don't know much about the 'F' marked front sight assembly, but I understand it's a bit higher than the 'standard' A2 front sight assembly.

That said:

Will I have any problems using the YHM rear flip-sight with the higher front sight base ?

What is the 'set zero' for the YHM rear sight (it has no ability to adjust elevation, so I am curios if it is set at 100 meters, 200 meters, 300 meters, or something else alltogether) ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
There should not be a problem with the flip-up BUIS and the 'F' FSB. The 'F' FSB is for the flattop recievers, and the flip-up rear are made to go on the flattops.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:23:41 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.

Anyone know what the 'default' range is for that flip rear sight ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:21:42 PM EDT
You will be good to go , i have a YHM BUIS on my bushmaster and i have the F marked front sight post ..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:47:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sphillips:
You will be good to go , i have a YHM BUIS on my bushmaster and i have the F marked front sight post ..

Just curious before I get it out to the range - did you have to crank down the front sight post quite a bit to get it to sight in properly ?
Top Top