Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2011 5:31:44 PM EDT
found a bandolier of this stuff I think I did pretty well got it at $0.40 per round. I have never used radway green 7.62 nato before what can I expect performance wise any issues known in the M1A or AR10 platforms? thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My M1A likes the radway&green. Shoots straight and the bullet is non magnetic. Ranges here do not allow rounds if bullet sticks to a magnet, saying it could spark and start fires easier.

Stock up on as much of it as you can
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My M1A likes the radway&green. Shoots straight and the bullet is non magnetic. Ranges here do not allow rounds if bullet sticks to a magnet, saying it could spark and start fires easier.

Stock up on as much of it as you can

thanks! the 75rd bandolier was all he had otherwise i would have grabbed more. he still has a bunch of Venezuelan Cavim and some other south american stuff he wasnt sure what exactly it was had 7.62mm nato and espanol  on the boxes.

Link Posted: 12/17/2011 5:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I still have a couple cans of '82 I bought years ago at a gun show.  It shot well from my M1A and produced suprisingly tight groups with my bolt.  Last time I was on the SOG website they had it in stock.  They advertised as "surplus 308/7.62"  but the picture was Radway Green.  I did call them to confirm this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is a link you may wish to keep.
Southern Ohio Gun or Classic Arms for the Radway&Green

http://m14forum.com/ammunition/23308-cheapest-7-62x51mm-surplus-internet-updated-often-so-check-back.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My M1A likes the radway&green.

"Radway Green" is the name of a village where a british royal ordnance factory cranks out this stuff.  Calling it "Radway&Green" is about like calling US military ammo "Lake&City"

OP:  RG is great 7.62 surplus ammo, and I recommend it without reservation.

They had some terrible, inconsistent underpowered batches of 5.56, however, so I normally advise avoiding, or at least trying in small quantities and testing before commiting to 90s surplus 5.56RG
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I too got my paw on a bandolier

ran it through a pof308  14.5in    
Ar10 type/ base whatever you want to call it

anywho  all I have left is the bag and the 5rd clips
all gone

Went bang ever time

just messed around with it, rapid follow up shots

I never used a scope just and aimpoint but it grouped ok
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Decade or so ago this was the Gold standard of X51.  This, Hertenberg and FN, but I thought Radway was a little soft and hit about an inch or so low in comparison.  Not a deal breaker for sure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#8]

I notice shipping isn't listed when you go to check out... Do ya'll normally e-mail them before hand to get a quote?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top