Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2009 1:52:19 PM EDT
So I have had this Bushnell EER 2-6x pistol scope for the past 10 or 12 years that has never really had a home.  Red dots are for handguns.  

So just for fun, I tried mounting it up on the forend of an AR to see if it would work.  Eye relief is just about right.  Other than looking a little odd, it "feels" okay.  I ended up bolting on a cheap Docter knockoff for a close range sight.  I had it mounted toward the rear of the receiver, but it blocked too much peripheral vision.  Toward the front of the upper it seems much better.  

And yes, I realize a matte black scope would look better, but like I said it was what I had on hand.  

I might go sight it in and try running it at a local 3-gun match to see how it handles.  Aside from looking a little different, it seems like it should perform decent.  

Anyone ever try a setup like this?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
looks good
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an EER Leupold 2.5 scout scope on my POF and it works great.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top