Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/23/2012 9:13:56 AM EST
I am new to the building game. I will be acquiring a stripped lower in the near future, and have a parts kit on order. I am looking to build a carbine "tacticool" rifle without having to spend money on one setup and then changing out part by part. I am willing to get 80% of what I want (Looks and accessories wise) if the price is right.

Does anyone have any experience with the "No Name" uppers that are available on websites that broker in firearms? I am looking for an upper, 16" assembled, ready to be dropped on an assembled lower. I came across such examples as:

Example 1

and

Example 2

It is in the price range that keeps me looking back at it, but would it be worth it. I just don't know which way to go.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hope Everyone had a great thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:19:29 AM EST
If you buy the parts unassembled for the upper & build it yourself you will probably save money & have exactly what you want. That is the way I did it. part of the fun of a build is researching and finding the parts you want at the best price.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:34:03 AM EST
both those are not bad. I end up going with a surplus ammo and arms upper with out a BCG for 279.00 shipped and bought a Spikes tactical BCG locally for 150.00. Don't think one could go wrong with either of those just check the warranty from the supplier.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:46:14 AM EST
My problem is that I dont have enough room/expertise to feel confident in building an upper. A lower? Easy. An upper? There is a lot more that seems like it can go wrong.

I am just trying to get in before anything "Politically" happens, and waiting on an upper from someone for 6-8 months just makes my stomach tighten up a bit.

Thanks for the comments. If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.
Top Top