Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/20/2009 2:47:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2009 2:50:54 PM EST by BusMaster007]
I would like to use 'foliage green' instead of OD green for a project.
I ran across the HOGUE site pix and think their 'ghillie green' is very close to 'foliage green', but I want confirmation or opinions ( or both! ).

Anybody know if I'm on the right track here?

HOGUE's 'Ghillie Green':

MAGPUL's 'Foliage Green':

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:00:21 PM EST
The Ghillie green looks like it would work better in the woods or and green brush. More character to it.

The foliage green is just a light OD of sorts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:04:31 PM EST
I don't know too much about the color, but I do know that I have a Hogue black grip on my gun and it feels GREAT!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:08:00 PM EST
It's hard to compare the internet pix for color, but the HOGUE looks like it has the right amount of 'grey' to the green vs. the OD.
I like the foliage green that I've seen, and really like that pic of the HOGUE.

One idea was to use the Magpul MOE / foliage green carbine handguard with the HOGUE pistol grip, (as I prefer that grip), on the AR15 pistol.
If the colors are close enough, that'd be good.

The other idea was to use the HOGUE rifle handguard with a black grip on a rifle build with a stainless barrel.
Aesthetics are important...

If I buy the combo from HOGUE, all I'd need from Magpul is the carbine handguard...
Such a dilemma!

I'm stuck with OD green on my ARFCOM/ArmaLite SEBR AR10, so I'm looking for something different on the other guns.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:47:36 PM EST
If I remember correctly Hogue's Ghillie line mix if a few other colors for a camouflage effect so if you just want one color go with the foliage green
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:46:24 PM EST
I'm not big on the swirly colors... I've had some houge stuff and a McMillan stock that were like that. Decided I'm not a fan. I love foliage though. All my ARs wear it.
Top Top