Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 5:31:01 PM EDT

I've seen this lower available and I am wondering "Why" someone would want one of these ???

As a regular Citizen, it seem's like it could have the potential to be a problem...

Opinions please.....

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to me that that would be an invitation for the police to detain you while they determined if it was in fact government property.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
There is plenty of police firearms on the market with NYPD or CPD stamped in on the barrel or receiver. Are they stolen...maybe, but most likely they were sold to a dealer when the department switched to auto or differnt brand of firearm. I personnaly don't see a problem....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Why? Because , and this is just a long shot but, maybe, just maybe someone wanted it like that?

Just messin around...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#4]
So they can build up and sell at gunshow "Genuine Government Issue" rifles.

Sad part of it is, SOME dummy would buy it. (The spiel, that is..)

Lonny

Edit: Many years ago, I saw a Ruger target 22 pistol on a table at a gunshow that had US markings. Probably legitimate, but the hilarious part was the card beside it stating how it was an "experimental model with a lug for a shoulder stock." The so-called "lug" was the takedown latch, partly pulled out.

Yeah right.

Lonny
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a conversation piece
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Because it’s cool!

Child Protective Services

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
It might sound kinda silly and I still need to see if it would be legal, but I would like to have a Match Target HBARs remarked like the receiver in the pic. It will be a bit different; the pony in the circle will be to the left and the Colt script will be next to it on the right , but I would like have to have the Match Target HBAR markings welded over and have the following engraved:

PROPERTY
OF U.S. GOVT.
M-16A1
CAL. 5.56MM

Don’t think it’s going to be a problem, just cost some more money in already expensive projects. It won’t improve the weapon in any way, just raise the cool factor. The receiver is going to be registered as an SBR so I shouldn’t have any problem with the law. That I know of, it’s not illegal to change the name of your weapon to M-16A1 or such; folks have been doing similar things to HK weapons for years.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I want one because I like collecting different lowers with different markings.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Autoweapons.com often sells guns with “US Property” marked on them.  I would say that it adds about $3,000 to $4,000 to the weapon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Why? I have no idea? It would be interesting if it really meant something but in this case it doesn't so why people pay more for it is beyond me? The downside (other than cost) is when you get stopped by some dumb cop who arrests you for having stolen\illegal government property. Sure you would get cleared eventually (eventually meaning after spending some time in jail, having you house and cars searched and maybe charged with some other stupid shit while they where at it) so why risk the aggravation for something so meaningless?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I got mine to build into a Memorial to my time working for the Govt.  Am having the Agency's crest laser engraved into the side, along with my dates of service.  Will probably never shoot the weapon, just leave it to my decendants.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Because it's cool

Fulton Armory sells lowers stamped "US Rifle".  

Don't tell me political correctness now applies to AR lowers?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't see why it would be a problem.  I own a mossberg m44 trainer stamped property of the us govt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#14]
My best friend has a lower just like that on his AR, 20 in barrel to be exact.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Our own "Pete-in-NH"(Legal Transfers) has been selling these custom marked RRA lowers on the EE for years. There are many owned by people on this site.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
    Got one on my RRA NM. Just cuz it's COOL hippie.gifhug.gif

700P
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I have several of these Rock River lowers marked U.S. Property.  It's only a fewer more dollars then the plain lowers.  It's something different.  To me U.S. Property doesn't necessarily mean Government Property.  I am a US citizen and it's my property .
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Our own "Pete-in-NH"(Legal Transfers) has been selling these custom marked RRA lowers on the EE for years. There are many owned by people on this site.

Yup...If it's a RRA it's likely one of Pete's.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Because it's cool  

Best reason yet...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup...If it's a RRA it's likely one of Pete's.

ssshhhhh... dont let those evil kitchen table dealers find out... They might try and sell something like it. Hell, some of them dont even have a phone...lol...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top