Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2003 11:35:29 PM EDT
I am considering an EOTech 551.  Anyone know if there are 1.5V "N" size lithium batteries available to increase battery life?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Just my two sense but go for the AA battery version. For the simple reason that you always have a set somewhere in the house. (i.e. remote control, flash light, kids toys, etc.) You don't want to be heading out only to realize that you have to stop at a hardware store on a sunday to get special N batteries. Believe me it will be worth it in the long run. I went with the 512 Rev. E (AA) to save money and gave up the ability to drown my gun in water for a few hours, which I know will never happen. Unfortunately, my luck dictates that the battery issue would.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
You can find the standard N size batteries in any grocery store, Home Depot, Lowes, camera shops, Walgreens, Eckards, etc.  Buy a few extras and toss them in your range bag.  Would you really trust the batteries that you "borrowed" from you kids Walkman? [;)]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My kids gameboys chew up and spit out the AA batteries.  The N size batteries are not very expensive and seem to be fairly easy to pick up.  I like the more compact Eotech better too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The "AA" EOTech's are HUGE!  I own two 511's and recently tried a 552.  The sight is just as nice, but the footprint is way too long, and in some setups, won't fit where a 511/551 will.

I too would like to know a source for lithium "N" batteries as I have been unable to track any down myself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies, gents.  I figured I would ask here first.  I'll try a Copernic search on the Net.

I will post here with whatever I happen to find.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Bad news:  No luck on finding any lithium "N" size batteries online.  The easiest way to track down a battery type seems to be with a model number (CR2032, etc.).  None of the battery-related search engines are set up to search on size designation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I jut put 2 N's in my stock trapdoor.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I jut put 2 N's in my stock trapdoor.
View Quote

Do they fit tightly or is there a rattle?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I get N batteries at Target for less than $3.00 a pair.  The Looong AA version of the Eotech just looks strange to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#11]
It might look strange but N types don't work well in the cold Make mine a AA with Lithium batts (440hr cold) the n type will be lucky to make 30hrs in the cold
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Anybody try RadioShack? They usually can get some pretty obscure stuff. If they don't have it in stock, they might be able to get it for you on special order.

Don't overlook your specialty battery shops, either.

BTW- I avoided the issue altogether by getting a 552...[banana]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
As stated before, no one makes an 'N' type lithium battery as far as I know, and I have looked.  The 'AA' lithiums are great, though pricey.  Lithium is great in the cold, unlike the 'N' batteries in my electronic shooting muffs, which don't last long in the Arctic, damnit!  Wish they would make them.  Even 9v comes in lithium, but 'N' have always been on the rare side but should be available anywhere cameras are sold, or Radio Shack, etc...Were I to get an Eotech, I would get the 'AA' version.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top