Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 3:05:12 PM EDT
MMA is on the right side of the handle in raised letters. I was curious as to who makes/or made it?

I appreciate it.

Mark
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You have a Liddell/Franklin/Coutoure/Huges Mixed Martial Arts super tactical ass beating CH.  

OK, sorry for being a wise ass.   I'm not actually sure.  Model 1?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
MMA is a forge code found on the earliest production Colt's carry handles back in 92 and 93.  All the ones I have seen are made from a different forging then modern ones.  Kind of a weird shape.  They also sit off of the top of the receiver rail and rest on the sides of the rail.  Sometime they could be installed incorrectly resulting in lose of zero so the design was changed.

Well, actually what I meant to say was those are cheap Chinese knock offs, and I will give you $10 for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Good try, thanks for the info. I heard it might be Martin Marietta?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't keep track or care who forges what.  But do know that the earliest Colt's detachable carry handle forge code is MMA.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Mueller Brass I believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top