Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2003 10:46:28 AM EDT
my "M4" carbines are almost complete.  still deciding on optics.  i am thinking about an M2 for the ARMS gun and a ACOG (TA01NSN or TA31) for the Knights gun.  i still have not ruled out EOTech - i was looking at that 552E.  the fact that i am designating the  ARMS gun as my CQB weapon kind of rules out EOTech for it, unless i throw co-witnessing out the window.  i guess many are opting for the TA31 since YOU CAN'T GET THEM ANYWHERE!! (thanks to NEW-ARGUY and the FDCC)  anyway, a TA01NSN will sort of keep the Knight's gun in the proper "SOPMOD uniform", once i ditch the #38 and pick up a KAC 600M rear sight.  Wes, i'll be contacting ya'!!  anyway, i rambling now...here they are:

Knight's "M4":
Colt green label lower
Colt "original" 4-pos telestock
Colt M4 marked upper receiver
Colt 14.5" bbl with Phantom permanently attached
ARMS #38 sleeve
KAC FF RAS
KAC forward grip
SPECOPS Mamba Sling

ARMS "M4":
Colt 6551 lower (blue label)
Colt "new" 4-pos telestock
Colt M4 upper receiver
Colt 14.5" bbl with Phantom permanently attached  and PRI flip front sight
ARMS #45M
Surefire M900A RD with IR Bezel (like i'll be using that!)
Blackhawk Dieter CQD Sling
KAC telestock sling adapter

that is all

edited to add text
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
nice.. how's about a description? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
totally awesome dude! [;D]

---
[red]Totally edited by new-arguy as a joke because he cant stand to hear the word bling one more time!!! Hahahaha![/red]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a similar setup on my preban Colt Sporter.  It also has SIR #45 and SureFire M900A.  I also added a VLTOR buttstock and Laser Devices OTAL.  I have an EOTech 511 on top of my SIR and yep, it does not co-witness because the EOTech sits up too high.  But oh well, with my VLTOR stock, I can carry spare batteries for my EOTech and SureFire.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice, Redwulf!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks CnC, i appreciate that.

Marine, yeah i'm thinking of replacing the telestock on my Knights gun with a VLTOR stock.  i'm thinking i might like the cheekweld on it better than the original TS.  i was also thinking of getting one of those LD OTAL's.  i liked the rationale behind getting one in a post by Ducati650.  using one in conjunction with the TA01NSN sort of rounds out the weapon as patrol and CQC gun - i also think they look cool! kinda PEQ2A-ish!!

Frankenstein, you'd better be smiling when you say that! [;D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
NICE!

Hey, where do you shoot in VA?

PM if you like.

Alex
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Red-
if you were to go w/ the ARMS#50, you'd be able to co witness that EO and keepp the ARMS rail system.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#8]
redwulf,
Great pair of rifles.  I'de like to get one of those Surefire 900A grips.  I'm down to only one M4gery...
[img]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135m4may.jpg[/img]
-M4GERY
-Colt M16A1 RR
-Colt M4 upper 14.5" 1/7
-Gemtech Bi-Lock mount (for M4-96D)
-ACOG TA50-4 - ARMS-5 mount
-Colt 4-pos. buttstock
-KAC M4 Carbine R.A.S. FF
-KAC foregrip
-KNS anti-rotate pins
-AAC CS MkII rate-reducer
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
alex, i live in southeastern VA (tidewater area).  the only real outdoor range is down in pungo. i shoot at a range in VA Beach.

sulaco2, yeah, the bilevel is nice, but i really like the look and finish of the "M" version SIRs.  maybe if ARMS comes out with an "M" 50, i'll do the switch.

t-fish, nice carbine - looks familiar[:D]!  M900A-RD only $475 at [url]mstn.biz[/url]!  (maybe wes will cut me a break on some gear for this unsolicited plug[;)]!)

and NEW-ARGUY thanks for the frankenstein edit - I CANT STAND THE TERM BLING FRICKIN' BLING!!
[beer]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Redwulf,

Let me know the next time you head down to Pungo, I'll join you!

Marc
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Redwulf:

Neat guns dude! I have a Colt/Bushmaster M4A2. Thinking of building a second one probably a Bushmaster with the flat-top reciever and some sort of integrated rail system forearm, haven't decided on exactly what yet. I have a couple of questions for you.

- Which type of forearm do you perfer the one on the upper gun or the lower one and why? What is the advantage of the forearm on the lower gun vs. the one on the upper gun?

- I noticed you have a phantom flash suppressor on there. Is that legal to put on a post-ban M4 with 14.5 inch barrel?

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
redwulf,
Great pair of rifles.  I'de like to get one of those Surefire 900A grips.  I'm down to only one M4gery...
[url]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135m4may.jpg[/url]
-M4GERY
-Colt M16A1 RR
-Colt M4 upper 14.5" 1/7
-Gemtech Bi-Lock mount (for M4-96D)
-ACOG TA50-4 - ARMS-5 mount
-Colt 4-pos. buttstock
-KAC M4 Carbine R.A.S. FF
-KAC foregrip
-KNS anti-rotate pins
-AAC CS MkII rate-reducer
View Quote

Haha! If it's select-fire then I think it's well past the M4gery and into M4A1 territory! :)

Redwulf, when do you guys go to the range?  I'd like to meet up with some fellow arfcommers.

Alex
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top