Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:30:23 PM EDT
 Do these so-called "full-auto" trigger attachments we all see for sale really work?  If so, are they comfortable to use?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
learn to bump fire, that's all they help you do
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking stupid ass shit for wannabe commando's and seals.

I'll never understand what would compel someone to get one of these things.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

agreed...

glorified bump-firing is all it is (but typically they're all just junk)

EDIT: many years ago I had fun with a BMF-activator (a hand-crank version) but have long-since dumped it
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 Do these so-called "full-auto" trigger attachments we all see for sale really work?  

Buy ammo and mags with your money.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
 I thought so, but thanks.  I will get an extra mag or two.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 I thought so, but thanks.  I will get an extra mag or two.

the best thing!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a tac trigger come with a SAR1 I bought.  I never could make that little rickety POS work.   I'll never understand why someone would dump $30+ on a piece of total crap like that.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to Thailand (M60, M16, M203), or Vegas (MP5, MAC 10, Tommy)and shoot the shit out of some machine guns.  All it takes is 1000rds of fun to realize its not all its cracked up to be.  You cant hit shit with FA compared to semi.  Its one of those things that only works in movies.  Once you get it over with, you can get back to hitting the target.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know what these other guys are talking about.  Thay work GREAT!!!  BTW, I have one for sale if you're interested.  LOL
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
there junk
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#12]
those  "full-auto" trigger attachments  accomplish one thing only.

Separating you from your money as quickly as possible.

Stay Away!!!

Buy more mags and ammo, better investment all around.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HS1

maybe to shoot full auto
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Go to Thailand (M60, M16, M203), or Vegas (MP5, MAC 10, Tommy)and shoot the shit out of some machine guns.  All it takes is 1000rds of fun to realize its not all its cracked up to be.  You cant hit shit with FA compared to semi.  Its one of those things that only works in movies.  Once you get it over with, you can get back to hitting the target.

Yeah you can't hit sh*t while letting an FA rip...I can hit a target pretty well with my uncle's full auto Thompson with controlled 3-4-5 round bursts. (This was at a metal target hanging on a hook that was stuck in the ground at about 50 yards...dropped the target off the hook at least 4-5 times that day. Was shooting at 100 yards at a plot of sand and saw more puffs of sand than anything. Haven't tried a full auto at actual targets before...might have to next time I go to MI . We were on a slight rise, BTW.)

And are you trying to say MGs aren't fun after a few 1000 rounds of ammo through them??? MGs will never ever lose their novelty with me...not even after 10,000 rounds through the same gun...It's just a lot of fun to press the trigger, watch a few casings fly with 1 pull, and watch multiple dirt clouds rise IMO.

Mag dumping is also a ton of fun...doesn't last as long but gives you quite a rush.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#15]
 That sums it up well.  Full-auto is for suppressing larger numbers of the enemy and exciting target shooting, that's all.  I very much enjoy my rare full-auto outings, but now I know not with one of those add-on's.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]

And are you trying to say MGs aren't fun after a few 1000 rounds of ammo through them???

Doubt I would lose the desire to fire FA after a thousand rounds too, but semi is the ticket from all I've heard. Still must be real handy/ reassuring in some situations (that in all probability I'll never have to face) and I'm pretty sure there's a reason behind them being described as having a 'Happy Switch'.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
\
Mag dumping is also a ton of fun...doesn't last as long but gives you quite a rush.

+1
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Would somthing like this harm your AR?

www.hellstormtriggers.com/
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Gee Highstrung1,
 I'd say that's a rather hard comment for a guy wanting to know an answer to a question.
I would have to agree with your answer, just give the kid a brake.
                    regards, djhinking.gif

HS1

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What is this "semi-auto" you speak of?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

For my nice new m4gery I built I decided to spend the $100+ on the rate/recoil reducing buffer in an AR15.com group buy a couple of months ago.

The buffer works really well, and it really is like shooting a .22 with that in place.

So I tried bump-firing it recently ... guess what? You NEED recoil to bump fire ...

Oh well ... overall I think I like the ability to stay on target with rapid fire more than the ability to trun my gun into a liberal-weeny scaring bullet-hose
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Full Auto on a M-16 is a waste of ammo.....  Unless 10 bad guys are in your face and it's the end! I qualified expert in 1980 on a M-16A1 in basic, which was done on semi. I did get a chance to fire full auto on a few occasions, you better hope all targets are real close if you plan on hitting....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Full Auto on a M-16 is a waste of ammo.....  Unless 10 bad guys are in your face and it's the end! I qualified expert in 1980 on a M-16A1 in basic, but full auto on the few occasions I was able to do so you have little control. It's over real fast...

You bet its a waste of ammo!! One hell of alot of fun... Thats what these guns are for.. If I have 10 bad guy paper targets in front of me I can hit em all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#24]
No question it's a rush and alot of fun. but it's going to be short lived...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Fun is gonna last a long time.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Well you can only carry so much. And I would rather 1 round per target than 10. Besides full auto will give you a head ache...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
 I see alot about this "bump fireing", but I must say that I don't know what it is.  It sounds bad.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
 I see alot about this "bump fireing", but I must say that I don't know what it is.  It sounds bad.

Here's an example of a few rounds from my Cav .45acp AR.  
media.putfile.com/MVI_021861

Yes, you can hit a target.   9mm would probably climb alot less but 45 is more fun.     You can also do this with a 5.56 if your trigger is slick enough.

Just to clarify, this is unmodified.  No tac trigger, hellstorm or anything more than my finger on the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, I made the purchase years ago and used it on an old paratrooper SKS. Never could get it tweaked and wound up with a scratched SKS and $40 less in my pocket. Save your money.

Though i DID pepper the shiznet out of an old freezer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top