Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 1:26:44 PM EDT
A local gun shop has a F marked M16 carrier, does anybody know who makes these? They are asking $70, its new. The only BC's I've seen marked are colts, and they are all "C" correct?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
"F" is a FN bolt carrier, U.S. Govt contract.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
"F" means it's FAKE!

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:07:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"F" is a FN bolt carrier, U.S. Govt contract.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
F = Foreign
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#5]
It's made for mil-type flat-top carry handles which have a different sight plane.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's made for mil-type flat-top carry handles which have a different sight plane. h.gif

No, that is the front sight base.  If it is a real FN carrier, it is either stolen, or a factory reject.  They are not permitted, per the terms of their contract with Uncle Sam, to sell any rifles or parts.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
So just becuse its an FN carrier doesn't mean its better than a colt or bushy, correct? BTW I went into the shop again today and it was sold, so I cant check for other markings.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's made for mil-type flat-top carry handles which have a different sight plane.

No, that is the front sight base.  If it is a real FN carrier, it is either stolen, or a factory reject.  They are not permitted, per the terms of their contract with Uncle Sam, to sell any rifles or parts.

Thanks, Mr. Helper!  

But it was PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that Jetlag was being sarcastic.  I'll stand by while you report this missing bolt carrier to the Department of Defense!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's made for mil-type flat-top carry handles which have a different sight plane. h.gif

Thanks, Mr. Helper!  

But it was PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that Jetlag was being sarcastic.  I'll stand by while you report this missing bolt carrier to the Department of Defense! hr

I don't believe any reporting to the DoD will be necessary in this case.  Just a heads up to the person who asked the question in the post, informing them that it is most likely a fake,  a factory reject or is stolen; unless some other maker marks their carriers with "F".  I would think that has some relevance to the question posed, as is the intended purpose of replying, or should be.

As for the post by Jetlag, no offense intended, kind of figured he was being sarcastic, but around here, sometimes it's hard to tell.

No need to be a ass about it demigod.  

As to your other question, Sd-Kfz-182, whether the carrier is better than Colt or Bushmater is a matter of opinion.  For most purposes, you will be fine with anything from either brand.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone who works at FN has posted around here that "reject parts" do not leave the FN plant as anything other than scrap metal, IIRC.

Perfectly good, unused parts and equipment does get surplussed and sold, for all sorts of reasons.  Remember, sometimes in the military you can get in trouble for having more of something than you're supposed to, as well as not having enough of them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
What does and "N" marked extractor mean?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top