Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/23/2004 4:55:22 PM EST
I bought a steel mag marked with a small sticker that says "England".Is that the same as an SA80? Even dealers seem unsure...or perhaps they are playing dumb!!!! Which are best?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:01:20 PM EST
Royal ordinance,imperial defense services,SA80,England...alright,I have the names straight...how do I identify them???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:39:52 AM EST
I've got some of the "Imperial Defense Services- England" stamped magazines. They are black and kind of a 'semi-gloss' finish, not a 'flat black'. They almost look as if the are blued, but I'm told it is a surface coating of some kind. There are 8 spot welds on each side.
I don't have any info on the Royal Ordinance magazines.
As far as I can tell the Brit magazines are either gray parked or black. The gray ones may be made in Singapore.
Perhaps someone has more info on the grey mags?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:28:07 PM EST
Thanks Howlie...your a jolly good chap!!! Sorry,I suddenly felt English!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:40:37 PM EST
the the front of the mag at base plate the grey/blue brit mags have a # in a circle stamped on them.
Top Top