Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 3:46:59 PM EDT
I have had two on going projects for this year, trying to keep a half dozen M16 uppers clean between outings and to find an ACOG dealer that has anything in stock with BAC.

The factory has been very helpful, giving names of the major dealers in the states around Indiana ... however except for a TA01 in Michigan and two in Indiana, no one has anything in stock except Reflex sights (plus no one had any nor will have this year .

Thus with no factory show room (guess every company has to have one negative point
Have really appreciated everyone's help from the board.  

First pass was to get a TA31a ... however, did not find a TA31a at any of my dealers distributors and then briefly considered ordering a six pack of ACOGs to try (TA31, TA31f, TA11 & TA11f plus the TA31a and a Reflex II) ... but decides that was a little high in cost.

Thus for the summer swapping between the Aimpoint M2 and Leopold tactical is looking like an option until connect up with someone with BAC ACOGs .... unless in a weak moment I order a six pack of ACOGs.

Regards
John

At last had a chance to try out a TA11 (only dry as was inside), works nice and like the donut better than I had though.  Now need to "wander" across a TA31f on a rifle and should have enough data points (three TA01 not on rifle, TA11 and TA31f).  June 23rd.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
have you tried;

[url]www.sableco.net[/url]
[url]www.mstn.biz[/url]
[url]www.swfa.com[/url]

As I understand it, each of them have BAC ACOGs in stock, ready to ship, right now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
True,  however, having only been ever able to use / play with assorted Reflex's, ACOG TA01s along with assorted Aimpoints, Eotechs and classical scopes ... was not until I wandered over here and started to learn about the BAC option that life got interesting (would have just gotten an TA01nsn and never knew better ;-).

Thus down to the three classsic choices (eye relief, carry handle vs flat top and rectical type).

BUT, this is where I am making it hard, I would like to see a sample of something with BAC before buying (if don't like then back to TA01nsn and Doc Optics) first (while the purchase of a six pack of ACOGs would be interesting ... for that price would probably add another stamp to the collection ... the $200 type).

Regards
John

P.S. What is the "perfect" ACOG for the Shrike?

[green]Thanks ... just realized  SABLE is the next state over (sound of light going on inside of empty head ....), will check if they have a store front and see if can check one or two out then buy.[/green]

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Mike at Bowers tactical. I ordered my compact acog on monday and it was in my hands on Tuesday!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
SABLE Co does have a store front, I've seen a few pics of it and it looks COOL!!! Say hi to Donnie and Rob.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
John:

Just out of curiosity, where in IN are you?

We Hoosiers gotta stick together... and I wouldn't mind sticking next to the guy with all the M-16s. ;-)

Did you shoot the Indiana State SMG Championships the other weekend?

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I called SWFA today.

I ordered a TA11F which they had I stock.

I made the cashier verbally state they had them in stock.

I should be receiving it on Friday. :)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Call Steve at ADCO firearms in Toledo, OH.

He had a couple of ACOG's in stock a few days ago.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I just received my Ta-31F from SWFA yesterday.

Sitting on my doorstep 3 days after order.

Excellent Service

Jm03
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Other issues prevented me from making the 2nd Indiana Subgun Match and helping (Dave, Cain, Bob and friends are a really great neat bunch of guys, even though they totally out shoot me ;-).  

While I cound not make it, the red wood "no shoot" blocks were part of 300 trial run I made to try shooting a rifle version of the subgun match (which is the driving force for the ACOG ... thus we come full circle ;-).

Regards
John

[blue]
P.S. Everyone has to stop buying all the ACOGs so they stay in stock long enough for me to see one [:)][/blue]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]
At last got to look through a BAC ACOG (TA11).

First time did not work up close, however, after a few trys was working nicely at a few feet.

Like the donut, but can see a few potential advantages of the triangle (if it works as well for BAC).  Also had one recommendation to put black tape over the fiber optics if you are shooting paper, light targets etc.

Regards
John

P.S. This one was not for sale [:(]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just received my Ta-31F from SWFA yesterday.

Sitting on my doorstep 3 days after order.

Excellent Service

Jm03
View Quote

Just so you know I hate you!!! lol I have been waiting for over a month for my TA31F from Sable and it's the last piece I need to get my M16A4 clone up and running.

I'll go back in my corner now.........
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Falcatta-If you thought you hated me before wait till I tell you this.

The TA-31F is faster and more accurate than I first expected.I sighted it in today.I thought it was going to take some time to get used to the BAC.I picked it right up and had it zeroed in about 12 rds.

The chevron is very precise,awsome scope.

Good luck on getting yours.

Jm03
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got a TA31A from Chris Rose at Eagle Firearms.  It was $819 plus shipping and arrived in only 3 days.  I believe he still has another in stock.  Chris can be contacted at [email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Falcatta,
I've been waiting on a TA31F from SABLECO since 04/22. Hope it comes in soon. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#15]
This doesn't sound good. If you and I both are waiting then who knows how many others have been waiting to..... Life is just not fair!! lol

Oh well at least Sable's price was good.

Good luck to you to.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#16]
you fellas should call up [url]www.swfa.com[/url] and ask if they got ur acog in stock they had my Ta31f that i was looking for months.Good bunch of guys
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Only problem with that is SWFA is $200 more expensive then Sable. I did call them today and they are out of TA31F's to.

Oh well :(

Edit:

OK I stand corrected, Robert at Sable had told me that Trijicon had upped their price and it equated to close to $200 more. Well I'm glad he told me he would honor the old price on the backorder. Bleh
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#18]
ack!! i think i got the last ta31f ! i ordered it last wed..sorry im all out of suggestions now

edit for spelling
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#19]
 I received my 31F almost 3 weeks ago from Sable Co.  At the time I was first on the list of eight people currently waiting for 31f's.  They only got one in and I had been waiting since October of 2002. ( I think I just missed the last batch of them, then the war started shortly after that.)
 Donnie graciously honored the price that he quoted me in October, which was a bargain compared to what they are going for now.  He even called me about a month before when they had a 31 w/donut come in, and offered me that one.  I told him thanks but I was going to wait for the 31F.  
 He also said Trijicon had started another shift to keep up.  So if you want one, best thing to do is get on a waiting list, they should start trickling in slowly.    
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Have you had a chance to use the TA31f yet?

In particular how will does it work for close targets (aka BAC mode).

Regards
John
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I've only had it out once since I've had it, and was mainly concerned with getting it zeroed at 100m.  So I didn't get much time behind it from a CQB standpoint.  

I did take a few shots from around 40m before I left. And I can say that it was a little more  difficult for me to use the BAC on the 31F then my TA11.  I think the shorter eye relief played a role in this. It may just take me some time to get used to it.  But I don't forsee it as being a problem, since I shoot nose to the handle. Some just can't get use to the short eye relief.

So from my limited experience with the 31F. I have to say, that it is more precise than the donut, but for CQB, as it stands right now, I prefer the 11 with the donut. That may change once I get some more time behind the 31F. Hopefully later in the week. Good luck to you in your search.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top