Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 9:57:26 PM EDT
Which one is better and how tight. Seems to be some conflicting info between mfg recomendations and what I thought I'd seen here. Just want to double check. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Which one is better and how tight. Seems to be some conflicting info between mfg recomendations and what I thought I'd seen here. Just want to double check. Thanks.

My EOTech came with an extra piece of paper with mounting instructions, it states:

Factory recommended sight mounting procedures for the Knurled Weaver Bolt

- Install the Knurled Weaver Bolt and rotate the head untill resistance is felt.

- Using a coin, (a US nickel or similar size is recommended) rotate the bolt head an additional 3/4 turn to fully tighten.

- This is equivalent to approximately 17 in-lbs (0.2 kgm) of torque.

NOTE: DO NOT USE ANY THREAD LOCKING ADHESIVE ON THE SCREW THREADS (such as Loctite products)

Knurled bolt or Allen bolt would be personal prefference, I don't think one would hold better than the other. The Knurled bolt I think would be easier to loosen/tighten in the field if needed, simply because of the slot in the head. The allen bolt would require you to carry the allen key which would be easy to loose.

I have used the Knurled bolt from the beginning, following the above instructions, and have never had an issue with my EOTech coming loose.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
if you want, check out YHM or anyone selling their products.  From them you can get an oversized knurled knob for $4.50.  I think there are only 1 or 2 guys on the EE selling them for the same price as YHM.  I happen to like YHM very much and buy from them if they have something that will suit my needs when a need arises.  After my first 2 orders, I'll never order something from someone else that I can get directly from Paul T.  He's a super nice guy and I've gotten 2 separate calls from him to see if I've been able to install my parts (FF forearm and phantom 5C1) and if they are working well for me.  

Nice guy to do business with.  

btw- the knob isn't oversized as far as the diameter, just the length of the 'nut head.'  it sticks out farther and is easier to grasp -with your fingers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top