Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:13:33 PM EDT
Hi Guys,
I just purchased a 5C2 flash hider and I cant get the thing to align. I cant get the botton solid slot to line up at the botton. Its actually at the top or at the right side. It depends how I put the washer. I guess I could always use a cut lock washer to resolve this. I was just trying to use the washer that came with it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a compression washer or some peel washers.  That should help.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A crush washer is what came with it.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A crush washer is what came with it.

Quoted:

oh man, it's such a pain in the ass to align it right.

If you have a vise, it will be easy.  I only needed a quarter of a turn to alighn mine.  I almost took it to a shop to do it.  But the next morning, before I was about to head off to do it, i got it on.

Do you have an armor wrench?  Makes it a little bit easier.  What I did was, sit on the rifle, with the grip pointing to my left, on top of the stairs.  I was able to turn the phantom just enough.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I laid mine on the floor and used an end wrench, and just torqued it into position.  I used the crush washer that came with it.  Maybe you aren't giving it enough?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
tighten, loosen, tighten, loosen, work the crush washer till it gives.

reason it is called a "crush washer".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top