Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:21:12 PM EDT
Is this magnifier worth the money? I have a comp ml2 and would like some magnification, but the price seems a little steep. If i were to get  it, what mount woulsd you suggest. I have the arms throw lever mount on my ml2 now, with no spacer.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering it's just a long-eye-relief, no reticle, no variable-power, monocular, then hell no, it's not worth the price.  That said, I think it's a great idea and seem really usefull too on a flip mount like the Samson.  The price is only high right now because they have the market cornered, it looks Tacticool, and it's Aimpoint.

I would have no reservations about picking up an airsoft copy/clone of this piece once they come out.  $450 is waaaaay too much for something that is just a fixed power scope without the reticle.  $450 gets you a really nice Leopold VXIII.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If your Ml2 is attached directly to your 1913 rail and you have a BUIS then there will not be enough room left for the 3X unless you get a Cantilever spacer for your 22M68, if you have a RAS or a SIR everything will fit fine without the spacer. The 3X is overpriced but I dont see it coming down anytime soon, whether or not it is worth it depends on you and your shooting needs. Mine is in the Twist Mount made by Aimpoint, I like it better than the flip mount because I like to be able to pop off the 3X and use it as a monocular.  The 3X really adds a lot of versatility to the red dot sights and it makes the EOTech reticle look good also.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If your Ml2 is attached directly to your 1913 rail and you have a BUIS then there will not be enough room left for the 3X unless you get a Cantilever spacer for your 22M68, if you have a RAS or a SIR everything will fit fine without the spacer. The 3X is overpriced but I dont see it coming down anytime soon, whether or not it is worth it depends on you and your shooting needs. Mine is in the Twist Mount made by Aimpoint, I like it better than the flip mount because I like to be able to pop off the 3X and use it as a monocular.  The 3X really adds a lot of versatility to the red dot sights and it makes the EOTech reticle look good also.

im on a sir system right now so i  have the room.....this is a fun rifel, so use will be the range and shooting on some open land i own. I figure its that or an OTAL since after the mount, the cost is about the same.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is this magnifier worth the money? I have a comp ml2 and would like some magnification, but the price seems a little steep. If i were to get  it, what mount woulsd you suggest. I have the arms throw lever mount on my ml2 now, with no spacer.
Thanks

I had one escept I had the Aimpoint M3 with the 4moa dot.  That was my first mistake.  I should have gotten the 2moa dot.  The dot got real big with the magnifier.  But if you have the 2 MOA dot, it will work good,  I had the Samson Flip mount and it worked very well.  Just be careful with it when you flip it to the side if you do stuff like clearing rooms.  You will definitely need the 1/2 inch spacer to line up the two sights.  Is this magnifier worth the money?  Not in my opinion.  You'd be better off getting a variable scope like the IOR 1.1X4 or the Leupold CQT or Leupold Mark 4 1.5X5.  The Magnifier and Samson Mount will cost you approximately $600.00.  You can buy one of the above scopes for that money.  But that is just my opinion.  I always prefered a sight that has either BDC Cams or Holdover points on the reticle for more precision.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top