Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2011 8:20:35 PM EDT
Hi all.  I have a problem.  I had an ar15 bushmaster with a carrying handle, but i wanted a flattop, so i went ahead and bought an aero precision flattop upper.  I put it on the bushmaster, but kept the barrel and lower receiver as well as the bolt assembly. now my ar only feeds every 3 or four rounds, and on the fifth or sixth, it wont feed.  i have to charge it again.  ive tried several different mags, from the pmags to the gray military ones.  same problem.  i even throated it (the feeder ramps) with a dremel tool and it does the same thing.  is this just a break in issue or do i have bigger problems?  thanks for reading
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to have the mod move this to the troubleshooting  forum. I think you will have better luck getting  some help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
not sure with out more info, but my guess is you have M4 cuts on the upper and not the barrel extension.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to agree with Jond81.  Aero uppers have m4 cuts in them.  I would be willing to bet that your Bushmaster barrel extension does not have M4 cuts.  What this means is that the deeper cuts in your upper receiver are causing the tip of the bullet to catch on the edge of the barrel extension.

If that is the case then it's a pretty easy problem to solve.  You can either pay a gunsmith to put the ramps in your barrel extension or you can take a shot at doing it yourself (If you actually know what the cuts should look like and you are willing to do some minor metal work on your barrel extension).  I think Adco does it for 15 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i even throated it (the feeder ramps) with a dremel tool and it does the same thing.  

I think if you read correctly he has already done the feed ramps.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i even throated it (the feeder ramps) with a dremel tool and it does the same thing.  

read correctly?

Oh you're right, he dremeled the "feeder" ramps, must be something else causing the miss feeds then
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

read correctly?

Oh you're right, he dremeled the "feeder" ramps, must be something else causing the miss feeds then

He may of messed up the feeder ramp job.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Try to take a pic of the feedramps for us.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top