Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 3:24:20 PM EDT
I will be buying another ar in a few weeks or so and have been thinking of either the colt 20"hbar a2 or the same rifle in bushmaster.My only question on the colt is do they still use oversize hammer/trigger pins or do they use the milspec pins now?I believe that they do use the milspec reciever pushpins now so I could swap uppers no problem.Or am I mistaken about this as well.The colt would cost me about another $50 over the same bushmaster.This is going to be my last ar for a long time,so what do ya think.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they still use oversized hammer and trigger pins.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well here is my two cents, I say get the Bushmaster.  You can never go wrong getting a Bushmaster...or a Colt at that.  I own a postban Bushy M4A3 and a preban Colt Sporter also with M4 flattop upper.  If you were buying a preban I'd say get a Colt.  Since you are buying a new AR I recommend getting a Bushy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses,now another question.Do new colt rifles come with a chrome lined bore.I had read a while back that they only were lining the chamber.I had a chance to look at an a3 20"hbar today and it didnt look to have a chromed bore at the muzzle.And it did feel about a pound lighter in the bbl than a 20" bushmaster I was looking at.However if I cant have standard pins and no chrome I will probably go with the bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The only new Colt that comes with a chrome-lined bore is the M4, 6400c, model.

If you are looking at a 20", postban I'd say go with the Bushmaster or wait until J&T offers chrome-lined 20" kits and build one yourself.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top