Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:09:34 PM EDT
I was just told by the CO that we could purchase our own acogs for use in the sand box next fall.  I would like to get a jump on this and get one to put a few rounds downrange with.  If anyone had any info sites or ideas on where to get them at the most affordible cost yet still with good customer service would be appreciated.  Military discount is also a go as I am active army.  

Thanks in advance fellas.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
When you get over there you can pretty much use whatever you want.  Mid tour we got Aimpoints, but I had my personal EOTech the whole time and also used an Armson, and an old Colt carry handle scope.  If I'd had the money, I'd have bought an ACOG.  

Check Brigade Quartermaster, decent discount if you have a Star Card.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly to get a military discount you have to buy directly from a manufacturer unless a specific dealer will honor that deal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
See if you can get your hands on a AAFES discount coupon.  They sell them online at the AAFES web site.  With a 10% coupon they have some pretty low prices. But they only sell two models.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to buy through someone here or a sponser if possible.  So many of the guys do great things for other people I would prefer doing business with someone here then through aafes if possible.

Teknic im looking at the standard TA01 4X32 it will be shot on an m4 so I know there are some differences in models but that is the rifle in need.

If you can get me any kinda pricing info that would be great.  Any other advice or opinion on what to get for the price is also nice to have.  Im very new to the acog I have shot through on a few ar15s and on our sdm rifle but never put extensive rounds or really got a chance to dig deep into them.  

Would anyone say to move to a s&b or leapold cqb version instead?  I have also thought of getting the aimpoint 3x magnifier twist mount but the cost is pretty high and I would like to use it on my ar as well after returning.

thanks again guys.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand you quest for wanting to buy from here, and I would not have mentioned AAFES if you did not ask for sites or ideas on where to get it from.  Maybe I misread your post and thought you meant from somewhere other than what you had found here.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
my brother just got out of the army so i got some gear he orderd for me and the way it worked
he had to go to a specific site on the net here sorta like a PX an to get the discount you had to buy whatever they had
like if they only sold 2 models to get the military discount you had to buy one of those models they had
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top