Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 7:49:29 AM EST
I have a TA 31F that has an issue with the retical. the lower right hand corner of the chevron isnt fully lit up with either natural light or tritium. When I move my eye farther to the right the retical fills up and farther to the left the whole thing gets darker. Whats the issue? no other acogs I've seen of this model do this. I feel its a factory defect but I'm not the origional owner so I dont think I can get it fixed. the last owner never used the item and it appears brand new. Could it be a problem with the fiber optic that I can fix? How hard is it to pull the fiber optic out? do you just punch out the pin and remove it or is there more to it? Any help with this would be great.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:08:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:09:34 AM EST
Trijicon has said on here that no matter who the original owner is, they will warranty their products for life. Call them and get it squared away.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:25:47 AM EST
as far as serviceing warrentied optics will they need to look up the origional owner or dealer the optic was was intially sold to? how long would that take them to do?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:31:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By m1garand__man:
as far as serviceing warrentied optics will they need to look up the origional owner or dealer the optic was was intially sold to? how long would that take them to do?

Just call them and talk to them, they will take good care of you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:06:50 AM EST
I called them. they said because I'm not hte origional owner that there may be up to a $290 fee. what are typical fees that people here have paid for various work?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:14:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By m1garand__man:
I called them. they said because I'm not hte origional owner that there may be up to a $290 fee. what are typical fees that people here have paid for various work?

The 290 fee is their standard for a complete internal rebuild/replacement. The internals are replaced along with the ACOG getting new tritium.

For 290 you would essentially be getting a new acog with your current Body, lenses, and mount.
Sometimes they quote this charge for work, but then don't bill the owner, but of course, I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:42:48 AM EST
They quote repair costs because more than one has gone back that the owner monkeyed with.
If it is broke, don't mess with it. Box it up and ship it back and ask them to call you if they are going to need payment.
If they do, they won't do anything until you authorize it.
Most likely, if it isn't messed with, they will quietly fix it and send it back.
Top Top