Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 11:26:00 AM EDT
Want to buy either an Ace folding stock or a fixed stock for dr 200. Can't make up my mind whether a fixed or folding. Anyone owning either one give some guidance? Leaning toward the fixed.
              Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Isnt the DR200 a post ban Daewoo?  If it is, its fixed only unless your planning a Federal crime.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#2]
What comes with the stock is a new trigger and disconnector manufactured in the U.S. and you have to use an all USA made magazine for it to be legal. I just don't know if I would want to shoot with a folding stock. I tried a pistol grip on my shotgun and didn't care for that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The US parts count only applies to being able to add a pistol grip due to import restrictions my friend.  You will be in violation of the 94 Assault Weapon Ban if you add a folding stock so its not an option even if its 100% American made.  To add the folding stock is a federal offense, a felony, as in no more guns for life if you are caught.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does ACE sell the folding stock? Is it just for the preban Daewoos? I didn't think it would be legal to have a folding stock on it. I'll most definitely get a fixed stock then.
                Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The folding stock is for prebans.  After Sept 2004 we no longer have "post ban" rifles and you can add the hinged part of the mechanism at a later date I believe.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top