User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2009 3:07:54 AM EDT
my rear sight is junk and i can't decide witch one to get
are there any pros or cons to these sights
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Pesonal prfeerence, you can't go wrong with either. The ARMS does deploy with the smaller aperture tho, if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used both.  I like the speed at which the ARMS deploys but I went with the Troy because, to me (I am no engineer), it looks and feels stronger.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I chose the Troy.
Best sight availible IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used both - they're different, but they're the same.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both and both are good.  However my next rifle will have troy.  Also as a note the troy is black and the arms is the gray type color if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Another difference is that the ARMS have a spring to raise the sight and doesn't lock in the up position, a spring is another part that have to be maintained when worn out.

The Troy doesn't have a spring and locks up, a release button have to be pushed to lower the sight.

ARMS have exposed easy to accidentally mis adjust windage knob while the Troy have shrouded windage adjustment.

I went with Troy on my two carbines, just personal preference.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Depending on your optics set-up, you may want to go with Troy since it has a lower profile than the ARMS 40L.

Troy =             0.46" folded
ARMS 40L =   0.61" folded

I have two Troy rears and an ARMS 40L-SP, they're both nice.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, each has it pros & cons.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the ARMS # 40 and own three of them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Have both prefer the Troy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for all the info
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I have owned both, but still have the Troy. As mentioned above, the Troy looks and feels stronger.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Another difference is that the ARMS have a spring to raise the sight and doesn't lock in the up position, a spring is another part that have to be maintained when worn out.

The Troy doesn't have a spring and locks up, a release button have to be pushed to lower the sight.

ARMS have exposed easy to accidentally mis adjust windage knob while the Troy have shrouded windage adjustment.

Troys have springs in them as well... they dont flip the sights up, but there are springs in the locking mechanism... the spring loaded push-button.

ETA - Have had both in the past, and I just got another pair of LaRue marked Troy's sitting on my rifle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Troys have springs in them as well... they dont flip the sights up, but there are springs in the locking mechanism... the spring loaded push-button.

ETA - Have had both in the past, and I just got another pair of LaRue marked Troy's sitting on my rifle.

Agreed, I was just talking about the spring that flip up the ARMS sight which the Troy doesn't have.

To OP revo99:

Troy BUIS also deploys with the large aperture as default, ARMS first default are the small aperture.

Some prefers the small aperture first when used, some prefers the large aperture first, I prefer the large aperture first just in case I have to use it in close range first.

As stated by the post above, Troy also comes with different markings like LaRue, Noveske, and BCM.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the troy

But run ARMS 40L sp & arms 40 on 2 LMT M4`s

SOFAR so good

Love same plane / 50y zero
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top