Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2017 1:30:15 PM EDT
in the spirit of the tech forums as a reference  source for allI do not have a surefire 100

the feed lips of each mag were placed on the cleaning rod a control

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the comparison. I knew there's a reason I've never been a drum fan.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
with so many new releaased rums and  magazines the last few years this needed to be done many new shooters need to see just how small a 20 rounder is then to see it next to the 50 round drum is a A HA moment

I have a few 5 & 10 rounders too but left those out because I only use them for hunting.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahh, he beloved Magpul straight 20 rounder.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I've got one on my shelf.  It's one of my favorite mags.  I bought a few of the Brownell's 20 rounders as well and like them.  They make good trunk gun magazines.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
You need to acquire a Surefire 100-rd mag and an Armatac 150-rd drum and then retake the photo. For science, of course.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You need to acquire a Surefire 100-rd mag and an Armatac 150-rd drum and then retake the photo. For science, of course.
View Quote
I 'll start a go fund me account , If someone has one I'll mail it back after the photo is taken
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't want to turn this thread into a gripe fest about magazines  just want to allow shooters to see them side by side so you can know  what to expect when you get a D-60 or  Pmag40.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey thanks for posting the pic.  I'm new to ARs but have been shooting for over 40 years.

I have two DD 30 rounders (Now with 32!) and am looking at some smaller capacity mags for carrying the rifle on a sling, 8.5 lbs of rifle, I think I'll sling it with a 5 or 10 round mag for quick pot shots.  So I wish you had included those.

I think I'll end up with a 5, pair of 10s, maybe four 20s and two or four 30s.  (And a spare in each capacity.)  As mostly a back packing gun, I think I'd rather carry stripper clips than mags.

If you don't mind, how do you post pictures?  I want to reply back to a thread I started about what scope mount size (reg, extended, hyper).  Cheers bro.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you don't mind, how do you post pictures?  I want to reply back to a thread I started about what scope mount size (reg, extended, hyper).  Cheers bro.
View Quote
To post pic,,,,, when you click reply, or new topic, under subject line, you will see some icons. Seven from the left is the one for adding pics.
You have to have personal pics added to a photobucket or similar hosting site, and you copy the address of the pic you want. Or if it an online pic hosted by a site, or whatever, again, copy the address.
Then click the picture icon under the subject line, paste the link address and post it, then save.
About the same for posting links to pages, use the link icon, paste web address, type what you want the link to say, and save.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
^^ Thanks bro.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I 'll start a go fund me account , If someone has one I'll mail it back after the photo is taken
View Quote
Send me an address and I will send you my 100 round Surefire.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Send me an address and I will send you my 100 round Surefire.
View Quote
your IM box is full
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Try it now.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top