Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 6:12:47 AM EDT
Guys I needed some supplies and reloading powder so I swung by GPSS yesterday. I got to talking to Tommy , and just alittle BSing and talking AR's and I just figured out I could have saved about $300 on my last build if I had went through him.I looked at alot of his RRA items (parts) and they looked great.A few builds and alot of parts.. To be honest with you I didn't know he had the AR parts at the time I did all my buying. I might get a RRA  M4 style upper with my income tax refund this winter.Tommy will deffiently be where I stop at. Buy the way I got one of them Screwdriver type rods with the chamber brush.Works really well.I had the military set up , and it work ok but with the screwdriver handle it spins really easy.A deffinetly must have when you can.Damn sure hurts thinking about what I could have bought with about $300 saved.Heck could have almost an M4 upper that I want. WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
That always happens to me too. Buy something that you think that you got a good price on and the next day see it for less. Irks me to me no end.

This recently happened on an Ace skeleton stock. It won't be the last time that it'll happen. Just look for the best deal and live with it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
dude, one or two posts about what you were planning would have gotten you lots of feedback...parts sourcing, prices, etc.  Having done a couple of builds myself, I'm pretty up on who's got what, and for how much...as are a lot of other people here.  

Well now you know...so don't make the same mistake again, soldier.  Now drop and give me 20! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys I had disappointments over at GPSS yesterday. :(
View Quote

Suggestion:  Change your title to something like "Boy, I sure could have saved a lot of money at GPSS."  The way it is, it sounds like Tommy/GPSS was the source of the disappointment & we all know that Tommy is a stand up guy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Guys I had disappointments over at GPSS yesterday. :(
View Quote

Suggestion:  Change your title to something like "Boy, I sure could have saved a lot of money at GPSS."  The way it is, it sounds like Tommy/GPSS was the source of the disappointment & we all know that Tommy is a stand up guy.
View Quote

Sorry didn't mean it to sound like that.  Ive been knowning Tommy for a couple of years now.He really is a nice guy.The first time I met him was on side of a road in a ditch.Heck he didn't even know me and invited me to go to shooting matches with him.Told me I could drive myself or even ride with him.This is too someone he really didn't know.He is a great sponcer of the shooting sport in general and promotes alot of things toward it.We deffinitely need more like him.Yeap from what he could have provided me I could have saved alot of dollars by going his route.Cheers WarDawg
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top